Review of The Great Migration

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Re: Review of The Great Migration

Post by Hy Be »

Interesting review. "The Great Migration " by Steve Ramirez revolves around Luta, Bellona and others who are fighting against the 100 year old enemy of the country. The author weaved modern day alien invasion story with action, adventure and thrill.
milyjohnson
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by milyjohnson »

I don't usually read books like this one, but I enjoyed reading the sample. The author takes the readers on an exciting ride. Steve Ramirez did an excellent job bringing these magical characters to life. He wrote the book in a way that people who aren't into fantasy books could get into it. You get hooked wondering if Bellona saves her family.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Sometimes, the real beauty of some books comes alive when the book is being turned into a movie I would also love it if they made the movie of this book btw congratulations to the author for winning BOTD!
Chockanathan G
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

I have seen a lot of science fiction movies, anime and etc. But I have never read a book about science fiction. After reading your review, it develops a movie by reading this concept. Thanks for your dedication to review this book.
AmmaratC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammaratc.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by AmmaratC »

I look forward to reading how Luta leads and guides his team through the Thunder Valley, and
how Steve Ramirez’s “The Great Migration” presents a complex plot which is richly imaginative creating entirely new worlds, cities, languages, and religions with peculiar cultures.
Chockanathan G
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

It will be awesome if this book gets a cinematic adoption. By reading this review, I have got to know the content of book and I am assuming this book will be good sci-fiction book.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Thank you for the intriguing review. I concur that The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga by Steve Ramirez is interesting from page one!
The courage, the trust, the culture and the teamwork show through within the first few pages. I had not found that the team would go to Bellona’s home together. I had also not yet read about the religious aspects of this story. These items, mentioned in the review make me even more convinced this would be a great read.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Swift Dolphin
Currently Reading: Toussaint Louverture: A Revolutionary Life
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Swift Dolphin »

Thank you for the review. I'll be interested to see how the author did on creating languages in particular. It's a nice detail that I wish more authors were able to include.
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

The Great Migration

Regardless of what our background and beliefs are, being able to understand others and their beliefs from a deeper perspective is important. Knowledge of all kinds especially in this s book is very helpful.
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

The plot is intriguing, and I'm eager to delve deeper into it to discover what unfolds for the team. However, I find myself a bit put off by the author's religious inclinations.
Wendy True
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wendy True »

I've read some sci-fi related books (though I think they were marketed as "Young Adult" reading. This book sounds like it'd be an interesting read and one you might get fully immersed in with the 'other' created religions. May have to check it out myself!
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Steve Ramirez has masterfully crafted a captivating tale in "The Great Migration." The intricate plot, led by the Zuni guide Luta, unfolds with harrowing encounters and blissful moments. Ramirez's dedication to building new worlds, cities, and cultures is truly commendable, creating a rich and imaginative narrative that keeps readers hooked.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Steve Ramirez's "The Great Migration" is a literary triumph, weaving a complex plot led by the Zuni guide Luta. The author's commitment to creating immersive worlds and cultures is evident, making the adventure through Thunder Valley a vivid experience. Ramirez's exploration of religious concepts adds depth, prompting readers to reflect on the parallels with our own societal dynamics.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Such convincing review for a compelling read. Science fiction is one of my favourite genres. The quote in this book: "...all living things suffer and that we should not allow the pain of life to make us unkind." makes it all the more reason for me to add this my reading list. Congrats on being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Recreating a whole new world with new features is not an easy task; congratulations to the author on not only accomplishing this, but also making this new world believable. The lesson not to let the pain of life make us cruel is timely. Many thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”