Review of Slave to King

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of Slave to King

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Slave to King" by J.E. Hibpshman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is a saying, “Destiny can be delayed but can never be denied.” How do we cope with our challenges to fulfill our lifelong destiny? The book Slave to king: The Beginning by J.E. Hibpshman talks about slavery, justice, betrayal, and abandonment. Ethan, an unnamed prince, gets sold at childbirth. How he survives the odds of life and lands himself in a vital position remains mysterious. Did the challenges and life-threatening issues weigh him down? Find out in this exciting crime-fiction book.

Ethan is born into a royal family, and being the last of 6 children, all boys, his father refused to name him for fear of being killed by his brothers in the quest for the throne. He was sold as a slave to an old trader on the day his father was to be named. Ethan grows up in the brothers' land, and they train him to work for them. On the day of his final test, his father's guards appear to take him home, and his life takes a different turn from here. How did he cope with the challenges of being an old slave and being a leader? Find out in this book.

Not everyone understands survival skills, tactics, and intellect, which are essential strategies in war. This book has laid out and educated its readers on the importance of such skills and how to go about them. There is excellent suspense after each chapter. This book keeps its readers highly focused and attentive. Also, the words and diction are easily understandable as the message was quickly passed across, and most facts are relatable. The book explains the importance of equality, good leadership, honesty, and trust expressly. The readers will be thrilled and excited as the book talks about justice and equality in the modern age.

There is really not much to say as regards the negative aspects of this book. It is a useful tool for one to cultivate his leadership and survival abilities. However, the fact that the main characters were made to be underage encourages some doubtful thoughts while reading as it is generally known to be illegal. Despite this slight drawback, the book is highly educative and exciting.

I rate this book four out of four stars due to its highly educative content. I would recommend this book to those individuals in the army fighting one war or the other. I also recommend this book to everyone who wishes to obtain survival skills that are essential in times of war.

Slave to King
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the book contains many educational elements. The lead character being a slave livens the storyline since there is a lot to learn as he transitions to kinghood.
Stephen Agbor
Currently Reading: Hunters of the Columbian Mammoth
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Stephen Agbor »

I did enjoyed the preface of this book named slave to king, it an essential book made of intellectual ability which is what any man need to grow up to become successful in life struggle.
Taana Ueh
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taana-ueh.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Taana Ueh »

Way to surprise the readers. Wonder what lies ahead for Ethan. Thanks for the review.
Ogunpolu Toyosi
Currently Reading: No One Must Know
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ogunpolu Toyosi »

Strong protagonist , with equally strong characters , whose abilities and failure helps in one way or another increase the moral strength of Ethan.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

I enjoy the way you summarize the book with no spoilers. I also like the title of the book as it is very captivating. I wonder how Ethan survived and what his decision will be when he learnt the truth
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

This book seems like a very educative book; I would check it out. Thank you for recommending it.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Susan Kihleng »

Fascinating summary. I'm curious how this book fits into the sci-fi and fantasy genre. I'll have to give this one a read.
OKONKWO VICTOR
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by OKONKWO VICTOR »

Quite educative and fascinating, to say the least. Just wondering what lies ahead for Ethan as he struggles for kinghood. Good book!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a novel full of adventure that also enables the reader to understand what it means to fight a war. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

The book tells the story of the survival journey of Ethan, the prince who was sold into slavery at his birth. I love the plot of the book, and I think that this book would be a good one for me. Ethan's character is quite determined and I hope he got justice in the end. Thanks for your review.
om124
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by om124 »

This story is awesome for those who want to read an adventurous story. this story is connected to those people who want equal opportunity for everyone not to those who use their power for misuse. I like this because the thinking of the author was amazing and priceless. If you this story you will definitely be connected somewhere yourself. so I highly recommended this book for a book lover.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Is someone a king because of birth or become of how they act?
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85384
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1296%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📖 of the day BOTD is sci-fi fantasy a life of a boy who was abandoned at birth,sold to slavery training to kill as a worrior.he later decided to do what was best for him and his own humanity the decision made him discover what he will become without costing his his life or causing danger..I like the twist and turns out of this book the author made it so interesting to read it was well written and reviewed I will recommend this 💯✅
Lorna Philip Enslin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

An excellent review, thank you. I enjoyed the storyline of this gripping sci - fi thriller about the life of Ethan who was taken as a baby by an old trader. Ethan was birthed by a woman who was a member of the Forest people. She already had 5 sons and knew in her heart that he would probably not survive and contemplated ending his life when he was born to save him the trauma later on. This is a story of survival which piqued my interest immediately and I look forward to reading the book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”