Review of Ravendiablo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of Ravendiablo

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ravendiablo" by Miko Montgomery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Delving into a rare genre, a modern-day fantasy novel, Miko Montgomery delivers an impeccable masterpiece. Ravendiablo features Raven, a smart young girl who, through the unfortunate event of conviction in Judge Durgan’s court, is led to find her true purpose in life. She finds herself in Oakwood, home to the wounded. It is a place where she is sculpted and prepared to fulfill her destiny by six weird but fascinating characters. She learns martial arts and other relevant skills. She experiences magic and self-transcendence from Raven Chandler to Ravendiablo, a demon warrior, I must say. She is a woman of remarkable strength and character with a strong sense of justice.

Miko Montgomery portrays Raven as an unconventional hero with a dark and twisted way of serving justice that feeds her inner demon. After a failed gig with Shanice, Raven lets out this demon. She is soon hunted by one of the most dangerous families in the world. Would this be her end, or does life have more in store for her? Why don’t you find out by grabbing a copy of this book?

This novel has many positive aspects that I must not fail to point out. The writer’s pragmatic and unconventional approach to his characters is most commendable. There are two interesting sides to most of his characters; one which we find reproachable and criticize, and the other side redeeming the former. It conveys that the dark side can always be subdued to serve the lighter side, just as exemplified in Raven and her six mentors.

Also, it makes the characters more realistic than ever. Set in Las Vegas, the novel mirrors our current society and the ills that plague it. It exposes the ugly side of our society. The societal ills of drugs and women trafficking, prostitution, money laundering, theft, incompetence in most public institutions, amongst others, are brought into view. Furthermore, the novel empowered women and placed them at the center of all the action. The author presents them as solid and formidable soldiers.

The story had everything: romance, mystery, the supernatural, action, and gore. Different cultures, history, and heritage were featured in the book ranging from Chinese, Hawaiian, Czech to Ukraine. This cultural diversity gives the readers a chance to educate themselves on these cultures. All these make the novel dynamic and fluid. The end felt like the beginning of the story. I’m definitely looking forward to a second book.

Honestly, I could not find any negative aspects to this novel. Apart from minor punctuation errors, the story was professionally edited. I would rate the book 4 out of 4 because of the above reasons. I recommend the novel to fans of action-packed fantasy novels. I also recommend it to all interested in martial arts and culture.

Ravendiablo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Interesting storyline. Raven's life seems to have a lot in stuck for the reader. Fantasy lovers should check this out. Great review.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

From the book's cover, I could already tell that this is the kind of novel I enjoy reading. It has it all, action, love, mystery and so on. I can't wait to pick this book and enjoy it's thrill. Thanks for the enlightening review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This story seems intriguing. You've rightly put it; it sounds unconventional, which is great. Thanks for the review
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This story has piqued my interest. Great review that has made the story interesting. Thank you.
Firelord
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Firelord »

The storyline are great, it captures my mind as soon as I set my eye on it. I feel like grabbing a copy of this book and find more about the adventure of ravendiablo.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

''Raven as an unconventional hero with a dark and twisted way of serving justice that feeds her inner demon." You had me here. I am adding this book to my shelf immediately. Thank you for such a captivating review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

The book tells the tale of an unconventional hero and the actions that she make. Raven is an interesting character that has experienced a lot, and she is not to be defeated easily. Thanks for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging fantasy novel that mixes a lot of different elements for a rich mix. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
janeadika
Currently Reading: The Fort
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by janeadika »

Interesting storyline. Raven's life seems to have a lot in stuck for the reader. Fantasy lovers should check this out. Great review.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

It is not quite easy to find one's purpose in life. In this book, the author in his perspective, introduces a young girl who has a peculiar destiny to fulfill. I would love to read this book so as to know how it ended. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I picked an interest in martial arts. This will be a great way to love it more. The is for the review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always found science fiction to be quite intriguing and able to stir my imagination. This book certainly seems to possess such quality. Will love to try it out.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”