Review of Storm Forged

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Storm Forged

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Storm Forged" by Patrick Dugan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Storm Forged: The Darkest Storm - Book 1 was written by Patrick Dugan. Tommy, a sixteen-year-old boy who lives in Redemption, was always being bullied by Brunner. He was a "Gifted," and all the "Gifted" (those with supernatural powers) were collared and were only removed for death. The high school in Redemption was like a prison, and no one got out of there until the age of eighteen. The "Gifted" terrorists, the Dark Brigade, have destroyed half of the world. Their ultimate intention was to take over the world. After the encounter with Mr. Powell and Brunner that led to Tommy using his powers, Tommy and his friends were taken to Dresden to learn how to use their gifts. Tommy is now on the verge of getting his Dad, Michael Ward, the Cyclone Ranger, out of The Block. Will he succeed?

The main captivating part of this science fiction book is Tommy's attitude. I can't discuss things I like about this book without referring to the main character's attitude. At first, Tommy seems to be very timid and reserved. He was bullied often because of his nature. But as the story progressed, he would discover who he was. The reader is kept in suspense to see if he would rise from his shell. Also, Tommy always stood for those he loved. I will give a scenario of when Abby arrived at The Block.

Furthermore, I love the part where Tommy's power was unleashed for the first time. The reader would love to know what he did with it. This is one exceptional part of the book. At this point, I felt the story had just begun for me. 

The retribution fight was the most interesting part of this book, as it was filled with actions that left me enthralled. Those who appreciate novels of supernatural powers would appreciate this one. All the characters in the story were brilliant. 

I found nothing negative about this book. The alignment was done correctly. I will gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Despite the errors I found in the book, it was still impactful. Storm Forged: The Darkest Storm - Book 1 by Patrick Dugan is an incredible book many should read. 

I found a few spelling and grammatical errors in this book. But it seems professionally edited. Apart from the recommendation I gave before, I will also recommend this book to teenagers who wish to build their self-esteem and self-confidence. Tommy's character would serve as an example. Also, I believe mothers could learn from Mrs. Ward's role in this book. She was an exceptional mother. 

Storm Forged
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Science fiction is never my favourite genre, but I'm sure fans of that genre will enjoy this one. Great review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Supernatural abilities, science-fiction, development and proper use of talents, qualities for a fine movie despite the errors observed.....very nice review
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Sci-fi has quickly become one of my favorite genres. I really want to know what happens with Tommy and maybe Bruner. Thanks for the review!
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

I love that the book projects role models to its target audience. Also the interesting storyline. Good job.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Character dynamics, interesting. Great review, thank you.
Duha Khan
Currently Reading: Rogue Justice
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Duha Khan »

Wow, a 4 out of 4. That's convincing. It's always captivating when an oppressed person suddenly finds some sort of power to stand up for themselves - either willpower or supernatural power. I'm adding this to my bookshelf.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

This is a good sci-fi novel that delves into the ordeals of Tommy. He is gifted and he must learn how to use his power in order to do the right thing. Tommy's attitude is quite captivating, the author developed him from a timid bullied personality into something bigger. I would love to read this book. Thanks for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be too old for this novel but it seems to use some classic science fiction / fantasy elements to build an engaging story. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ronnie Comendador 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ronnie Comendador 1 »

Fantasy,science fiction like supernatural abilities,how interesting it is?im ready looking for this series!thanks for the amazing review..
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

Fantasy, science and character within one book. I think this book would be a good read for me. Brunner's not a good character although I think that the harm poses to Tommy would help Tommy to be a good person. It would build Tommy's attitude. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”