Review of Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 981
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Review of Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)" by Alex Zadeh.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all long to go back to our homes after a long day's work. Even after traversing the world, our hearts crave the warmth of our own homeland. It is human nature to be attached to one's own family and country.

Ryan Stathis is no different. He is an aeronautical engineer who is happily married to his wife, Laura. Being a workaholic, he often loses track of time and spends long hours at work. One fateful night, everything changes. While returning home, he sees a strange flying ship heading towards his lab. In a bid to save his colleague, he heads back to the lab. This decision alters the course of his life. He is abducted by a spaceship. The ship takes him away from Earth. Ryan is stunned. He wants nothing to do with the shenanigans of the spaceship, Cadmus. His only wish is to return to his wife.

Will Ryan be successful in his quest to reach home? What will he do when has to choose between returning home and saving his planet?

Alex Zadeh weaves a spectacular tale of science and adventure in his Dark Matter Empire. In the first book of the series, Zadeh hooks us with his vivid writing style and realistic imagination. It compels the reader to think of the possibility of multiple star systems and aliens. I would love to travel to a different star system and meet the species of various planets. Zadeh creates a world of aliens who all have distinct identities. Their cultures are rich. They all look different. I like the way the author shows how the different species interact with each other. All of them have their special games and drinks. I would have loved to be a part of the galaxy ball tournament.

Zadeh's world reminded me of some video games. Ryan and his compatriots had their own inventories and UI. Coding played a significant role in this world. Also, I like the way the author depicted the battle scenes. They were realistic and heart-rending. My heart pounded every time Ryan, Flare, and Bubo faced off with the Empire. The author also highlighted the treachery that is a part and parcel of every battle. Like Ryan, I was stunned by the betrayals of certain people.

Zadeh created dynamic and complex characters. Ryan changed a lot during the course of the book. However, he did not lose his intrinsic human nature. Flare was a thorough warrior. The ape-like alien was a true friend. Bubo is a character I never thought I would relate to. The robot-like alien was someone who would create a special place in your heart without your own knowledge. Also, I have to mention that the locals of Yenovia won my heart quite unexpectedly.

I did find more than ten errors. These can easily be fixed by a round of editing and proofreading. This is the only shortcoming.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I rate Dark Matter Empire 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to fans of science-fiction books. People who are intrigued by battles and aliens would love this novel. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

A science fiction with qualities of a Marvel's movie, the likes of star wars, star trek and the likes.... it's sure to be an interesting book....very nice review
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am glad to see that people who care about others still exist, if only in fiction. Ryan could easily have gone home to Laura and not had to deal with any of this.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

The chaos in the plot of the story seems like an interesting one. It would be interesting to go on the journey of discovering whether or not Ryan returned home to his family.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Plot twist. This story should definitely be captivating. Would be great to know what eventually went on with Ryan. Great review
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

I hope Ryan makes his way back home to his wife. Thanks for such a lovely review
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

I don't really like Sci-fi but the manner in which the review talked about Ryan is captivating. I just might find myself in the middle of this book some day.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I love the book cover design. The book involves family and relationship. Ryan is an interesting character who was kidnapped by a spaceship and taken out of space. He experienced a lot of things, and I would love to read the book so as to know if he escaped or was rescued. Good review.
Muhammad Anwer
Favorite Book: Hamlet
Currently Reading: Moth Smoke
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Muhammad Anwer »

This book is a science fiction thriller. A very moving book to take us into the wonderful world of space. Furthermore it throws light on duty, family ties and other similar aspects of human life.
Thanks for an honest review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging science fiction novel that brings the readers into space with Ryan watching his experiences. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always found science fiction to be quite intriguing and able to stir my imagination. This book certainly seems to possess such quality. Will love to try it out.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

This is the first book in this intriguing series, and It involves Ryan. Ryan is a pilot who is on his way home until there's a change in the course of events. I'd love to know if Ryan survived. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
Ravi Gurjar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravi-gurjar.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Ravi Gurjar »

This is a pretty good book about Alien and Human, friendship, and war. A man going home reaches an Alien planet. Everything in this book is pretty fun to read . I am excited to read the second part.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”