Review of Awakening

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of Awakening

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Awakening" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Queen Amara and Master Korrav are the leaders of their respective armies—the Allied Army and the Gallorian Army. The latest battlefield clash between these leaders releases such a massive charge of power that their benefactors—Brikkir and Sarros, the spirits of winter and war—imprison them in a wall of ice for misusing their incredible powers. Their sudden disappearance throws their respective armies into confusion, causing them to retreat. In their absence, King Aevar and General Yarof assume control of the Allied Army and Gallorian Army, respectively.

Amara and Korrav continue to fight in their prison and are soon able to escape the wall of ice. While General Yarof finds Korrav, Amara is taken prisoner by Brikkir for fear of her incredible powers. Meanwhile, Amara's husband, Onvar, is worried about her disappearance. He goes searching for her in the villages of Brule, wreaking havoc on Gallorian soldiers along the way with this covert team. Weeks later, the Allied Army would match into battle again with the Gallorians, but they would do so without their greatest weapon—Amara. Which army comes out on top? Does Amara ever escape her prison, or does she lose everything she holds dear?

Harmony by Tayma Tameem is the fourth book in the Awakening series. One of the best things about it is that it can be read as a stand-alone story; I didn't feel like it was missing anything significant that would impede my understanding of the story. In fact, it was interesting enough to make me want to read the prior installments. I enjoyed the destructive relationship between Queen Amara and her allies and the Gallorians. Throughout the story, I could see how Tameem incorporated betrayal, hate, love, and faith into this compelling story.

I've read a few books by Tayma Tameem in the past, and like them, this one doesn't disappoint at all. Tameem portrayed her world-building prowess in this story. The way she described the Gallorians and the people of Hale, how she described battle scenes, and the distinction in each character's dialogue were impressive. She didn't start the story slowly either; it was fast-paced and immersive from the first page to the end. As stated earlier, this book can be understood and appreciated on its own merit. As expected, there were some things I wished were included in the plot—not surprising since this is the fourth book of a series—but whatever was missing wasn't going to add to the core plot of this installment anyway, so it didn't matter. An example of this was concerning Princess Katja, Amara's sister, who had been imprisoned in a prior installment. While I didn't know the full gist surrounding her imprisonment, there was enough information to understand who she was and the thrust of her character in the overall scheme of things.

There was nothing to dislike in this tale. Its editing was almost perfect, as I found only one grammatical error. The story of Gallor against Hale and its allies was thrilling and exceptional. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to individuals who love stories with robust action, magic, and a little bit of fantasy.

Awakening
View: on Bookshelves
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

This will be a very interesting book, i can already tell from the review.
Wars, armies and royal settings are definitely my thing.
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

The review was super interesting, I sometimes think of what super heroes will be like, imagine having power to control unimaginable things. Believe me, it will be super awesome, kudos to the review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Great to see a part of a series function as a standalone series. I enjoyed this review. Thank you.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Great review but this book doesn't sound like my cup of tea
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

An epic battle with a subtle begining and a complicated ending...very intriguing review
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

It's such a bleesing to find a series that can be read as standalone, since I haven't read book 1-3. This book cover is all over my bookstagram feed and I'd like to add this as my wishlist!
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I've always wanted to read this book because I love the way the author crafts her story. The book involves two leaders who are not friends and are against each other. The leaders possess powers and their clash results to their imprisonment by the spirit of the land. I would love to read the book so as to know if they escaped the imprisonment. Good review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

I really wonder how the mind of the author works cause this is creative and intriguing. Nice review
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

The story is really interesting. I want to know who will win. And I think Amara is brave and courageous. Your review is nice . Keep reviewing.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like and engaging novel with great characters but that's basically my impression of all Tayma Tameem's works. I guess my only doubt is where to start reading this author. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always found science fiction to be quite intriguing and able to stir my imagination. This book certainly seems to possess such quality. Will love to try it out.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

Tayma Tameem is one of my favorites, and I am sure that this book would be a wonderful read. From the review, the ruler's clash results in their imprisonment by the spirit of the land. Good storyline. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”