Review of The Magician's Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Review of The Magician's Secret

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

This science-fiction novel sounds like it is a fantastic adventure with some mystery mixed in. Great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Magician's Secret' by Charles Townsend has an appealing introduction. It brings to the knowledge of readers the relevant details of the book. The point that the protagonist of the story, Princess Jarla, was a strong, fearless, confident woman who wasn't afraid to speak up, is worth mentioning in the review. Also, the point that the book contains many different places, maps, and building layouts, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that the book is recommendable to young adults who enjoy reading books that take them on an adventure!
Khathu Madzimbalale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Khathu Madzimbalale »

From the review only I’m already interested in reading this book. I’ve never read books about magicians but this book can possibly change my mind. I’m curious to find out what made Delvin to lose his memory.
Ansu Sam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ansu Sam »

The first few chapters are definitely intriguing, and I'm waiting to find out how Devin's life in the new place Hening turns out. Although, the book begins as a murder mystery, in a few short pages, there is no doubt that Devin is not the killer. However, the suspense around the motive and the secret "thing" passed on to Devin continues. The book will definitely be on my "must read the rest soon" list.
Le me study
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Le me study »

Honestly, i wasn't planning to read it but i got hooked in just 1 chapter. I really wanna know the black clad man😂😂. Wah, and how delvin gets out of the situation. He was really scared i can feel it😅. Thank you your review got me more hooked🤭
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

The Magician's Secret was a delightful read to me. You get thrown into the story from the very first page and the events take place quickly. The author was able to keep me on edge all through the story. I truly enjoyed the book. Congrats on BOTM!!
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

This is an epic tale of magic, trickery and adventure. I can just imagine how Delvin felt when he was accused. I read the book and I loved every minute of it. Thanks for the review
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm intrigued to find out did Delvin really kill his role model or was he indeed framed. Jarla also grabs my attention as I love strong female characters. This is definitely something I would enjoy and I can't wait to start reading it. Thanks for an insightful review.
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

Was Borlock's murder planned or was it an accident? Can not wait to read more about Delvin and the magic. Congratulations on BOTD!
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

This is a murder mystery about a young boy and a magician. Congratulations BOTD!
Wayne Njoroge
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

A fantasy novel that is filled with fantasy and adventure that will keep you hooked. Congrats on being BOTD.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

The compelling sample and your positive review drew me into the book. I can't wait to find out what special magical item Borlock bequeathed to Delvin. I look forward to reading more about Delvin's adventure with Princess Jarla and Fionella. Well done!
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Reading about the first part of the story held me spellbound, and I would love to know the magician's mysterious trap and how Delvin escapes from this magical trap.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend is about a young, aspiring magician named Delvin. Delvin received a death sentence after being charged with killing his mentor, Borlock. But fate would intervene and deliver him from the noose of the hangman. Will Devlin employ his magic to prevent carnage in the cities and free its inhabitants from untold misery? Or would the assassin of the Guild of Magicians, who was keen on getting hold of the magical crystal, finally catch up with him? A exciting read!
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

I find it shocking that the author didn't give the characters' ages because, as you said, it makes it difficult for readers to imagine and connect with them. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've read a novel where you didn't know the age of at least the protagonist. Besides that, this sounds like a great magical mystery, full of twists and turns especially with a mentor seemingly murdered by his pupils hand! Thank you for the great review :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”