Review of The Magician's Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 9

Re: Review of The Magician's Secret

Post by byrondsouza »

The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend is a thriller fiction book. The story begins with Delvin, a magician, waking up with a blank mind and holding the leg of a chair. Next to him lies his good friend and fellow magician, Borlock, who has a knife through his chest and blood all around him. Delvin believes that he is not responsible for his friend's death. When fingers are pointed towards him, he becomes conscious. Was Delvin framed? Who killed Borlock? You can find out the answers by reading this book. Congrats on BOTD!!
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Uma gupta »

This review provides a compelling overview of "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend. The fast-paced narrative, well-developed characters, and vivid descriptions of settings contribute to its appeal. The critique on character appearance adds depth to the analysis, making it a thorough and insightful review for potential readers.
Hassan Morad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hassan Morad »

I'm glad to hear you found the storyline intriguing! "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend indeed captivates readers with its mysterious and compelling narrative. The book intricately weaves together elements of magic, suspense, and adventure, keeping readers engaged from start to finish. Townsend's writing style is vivid and immersive, making it easy for readers to visualize the scenes and feel a part of the story. Overall, it's a captivating read that would make a great addition to any bookshelf.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

“The Magician’s Secret” by Charles Townsend is a captivating fantasy novel that has won accolades for its intriguing plot and unexpected twists. The protagonist, Delvin, and his magical journey have been particularly appreciated by readers. However, the book has also faced criticism for its execution and editing. Despite these shortcomings, it remains a popular choice among fantasy enthusiasts.
imee_esteban08
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by imee_esteban08 »

I find this book fascinating and it struck me the most. Though there are violent written in the book I still could appreciate the scenario. It took me a while before I realize how I really like the nook because of the content inside. I thought there's no meaning but as I've read it os really meaningful. Hope this book will amongst readers.
imee_esteban08
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by imee_esteban08 »

I find this book fascinating and it struck me the most. Though there are violent written in the book I still could appreciate the scenario. It took me a while before I realize how I really like the nook because of the content inside. I thought there's no meaning but as I've read it os really meaningful. Hope this book will amongst readers.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I'm reading this book right now and will come out with my own review soon and I mostly agree with everything this review is saying - it is very fast-paced, action-driven, and compels you to read more. The one thing I disagree with is that over the course of the story we got to know the characters better - it's not just a lack of physical descriptions, as you pointed out, but a general lack of character writing. I'm 2/3 into this book and I still have no idea what Delvin's personality is. The one character who stands out is possibly Jarla, who has an undeniably strong personality - but even then, she comes off as pretty flat and one-dimensional. I hope I'm proven wrong soon! Really enjoyed your review.
Asher88
Currently Reading: A Court at Constantinople
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Asher88 »

Suspense from this review makes you want to read the book. The book is about Delvin who finds himself in a okward situation. He find him self next to magician borlock's unconscious body holding the leg of a chair. To really find out what happens you must read the book to know. Delvin then gets into a world if magic and adventure together with Princess Jarla and Fionella to save Hengel from war. Again to know what really happened you have to read the book. Very interesting.
Rose Ngore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Rose Ngore »

The review of the book "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend is great. The reviewer did a commendable work. I must read the book to find out Delvin's reaction after realizing that he was framed of killing his role model.
Macelo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Macelo »

Great review looking forward to read on the adventures of Delvin and princess Jarla and how they saved the kingdom.
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

Wow. The Magician's Secret sounds captivating. I'm sure I would enjoy this story.
Thank you for this well-thought review!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 165%

Post by Runan »

Magician Borlock’s death prompts Delvin to uncover the truth of his master’s death. Along with Princess Jarla and Fionella, he embarks on a journey, saving Hegel on the way. The author created fabulous characters, out of which Princess Jarla stands out. This fantasy book will take you on an adventure.
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: The Night the Stars Went Missing by Arthur J. Gonzalez

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I am a huge fan of mystery stories that evolved around magic and I think this particular storyline is captivating. The review is beautifully written as I would like to read about Delvin and his adventure with Princess Jarla and Fionella to save Hengel from war. congratulations to the author on being the #BOTD!
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

Despite what life threw at Delvin, he found a way to survive. He was also a magician with passion and flare for his job. As for princess Jarla, I think she excels at using people to achieve her goals.
Shaheera Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaheera-khan.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Shaheera Khan »

The review of "The Magician Secret" lures its readers to an adventure and suspense-filled story. I couldn't even imagine how difficult it would have been for women to go against norms set by men. How painful it would have been to fight against your fears...

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”