Review of The Magician's Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
youri_55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Review of The Magician's Secret

Post by youri_55 »

The book revolves around an ordinary magician accused of killing his teacher, who haunts the main characters of the story.
He is characterized by toughness and cruelty. After he was acquitted of the charges, he lost property and traveled to the city of Hingle with his friend Greg to pursue the profession of magic.
There he met Princess Jarla, who pushed him to prevent a war between Hengel and the city of Argent using his magical abilities.
Only this book may not be suitable for children because some of its sections deal with prostitution and sexual promiscuity.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I'm not a fan of anything that has to do with magic, however, I can't deny that this book looks so interesting to read from this review. On this note, I'll commend the author for winning BOTD!
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

The narrative about Delvin being captivated into magic will be an interesting read for lovers of this genre of books. However, congrats on the botd and a satisfactory review.
Ashley Herring 2
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ashley Herring 2 »

This is a wonderful review. The way it explains so much about the book, without revealing any spoilers, is exceptional. I was already interested in reading the book; Now, I will 100% be reading this book, very soon. Thank you for your excellent review.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

This is a book of magic and adventure, which tells the journey of Delvin, who, together with two companions, embarks on a journey to try to save a friend from war. Good job #BOTD
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to find out who killed Delvin’s magician mentor and the adventure he faced with Princess Jarla and Fionella in saving Hengel from war. I like reading adventure and mystery books and this one fits to my liking.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

The character of Princess Jarla is fierce and exudes confidence, which is something I look forward to in this book. I just have a feeling that Delvin must have been framed for the murder of Borlock. But I guess I have to read this book to find out if that is true or not.
Runan
Rukayya Yusuf Hameed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rukayya-yusuf-hameed.html
Latest Review: The Golden Manuscripts: A Novel by Evy Journey

Post by Rukayya Yusuf Hameed »

Delvin's fascination with magic takes a dark turn when, under the tutelage of Magician Borlock, he finds himself standing near Borlock's unconscious body with a chair leg in hand, unable to recall the events leading up to that moment. Delvin faces the dilemma of whether he has harmed the person he admires most or if someone has framed him. The unfolding mystery propels Delvin into a world of adventure and magic, where he joins Princess Jarla and Fionella on a quest to save Hengel from war. According to the review, the author effectively establishes the narrative, allowing the story to unfold at a reasonable pace, enabling a deeper understanding of the characters.

The outcome of their mission is uncertain, and readers are urged to explore the answers in Charles Townsend's "The Magician's Secret."

I recommend this book to those who relish adventurous reads that whisk them away on a compelling journey.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Post by Hy Be »

Amazing review. Delvin, who was fascinated by magic since young age is framed for murder of one his favourite mentor, Magician Borlock. Its interesting know, how Delvin solves this mystery using magical powers. The author did great job in combining adventure and magical ride of Delvin , making this book enjoyable.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

The suspenseful plot and enigmatic characters in "The Magician's Secret" create an irresistible allure. Delvin's mysterious involvement and Princess Jarla's defiance against societal norms make this adventure a must-read.
Ari Martinez
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

I agree with the reviewer — I sampled this book and the beginning immediately grabs your attention and compels you to keep reading. The author is very talented at writing action and suspense. However, I don't mind that the characters' appearance isn't described well. As I'm reading, my mind begins to shape their appearance based on my own imagination so I don't think I would have the same issue as the reviewer.
Ari Martinez
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

I agree with the reviewer — I sampled this book and the beginning immediately grabs your attention and compels you to keep reading. The author is very talented at writing action and suspense. However, I don't mind that the characters' appearance isn't described well. As I'm reading, my mind begins to shape their appearance based on my own imagination so I don't think I would have the same issue as the reviewer.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

"The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend seems compelling. The plot is a good one and the story is fast-paced. I love Jarla already. Congrats on BOTD. Nice review.
Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo »

Thank you for an amazing review. The story is unique and intriguing. I hope the trio were successful in the rescue mission. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
Hasani Piyumika Perera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Alpha Buddies Land
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasani-piyumika-perera.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Hasani Piyumika Perera »

Get ready for a cool story! Follow Delvin in 'The Magician's Secret' by Charles Townsend. It's about magic, mystery, and friends saving Hengel from war.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”