Review of The Magician's Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Re: Review of The Magician's Secret

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "The Magician's Secret." Your detailed review provides a clear perspective on the strengths and some areas that caught your attention. Your admiration for Princess Jarla and her defiance of societal norms is a noteworthy point. Characters who challenge conventions often bring depth and uniqueness to a story, and it's great to hear that Jarla left a lasting impression on you.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

I love Delvin's magical skills. Congrats on the BOTD and thanks for the review.
Abhimanyu Saxena
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abhimanyu Saxena »

The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend weaves an enchanting tale filled with mystery and wonder. Townsend's captivating storytelling and vivid imagery make this book a delightful escape into a magical world.
Jordan Meehan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-meehan.html
Latest Review: Digging for God by Tom Hillman

Post by Jordan Meehan »

I love a fast-paced start to a novel, as I am easily bored by stories that start out too slowly. I appreciate this review and I look forward to reading!
Benjamin Otieno Onyango
Favorite Book: Never Underestimate a Dreamer
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Benjamin Otieno Onyango »

In "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend, the protagonist, Delvin, finds himself in a perplexing situation after a mysterious incident involving his mentor, Magician Borlock. As he grapples with the possibility of being framed for a crime he can't remember committing, Delvin is propelled into a world of magic and adventure. Teaming up with Princess Jarla and Fionella, he embarks on a mission to save Hengel from an impending war, leading readers on an enthralling journey filled with suspense and intrigue.

The narrative captivates readers from the outset, plunging them into a fast-paced and enigmatic storyline that leaves them eager for more. Townsend's adept storytelling skillfully immerses readers in the unfolding events, prompting them to eagerly delve into subsequent chapters without hesitation. The author's vivid descriptions of diverse settings, complemented by detailed maps and building layouts, further enrich the reading experience, allowing readers to vividly envision the world in which the characters navigate.

Amidst the cast of characters, Princess Jarla emerges as a standout figure, defying societal norms with her unwavering strength and fearlessness. Her portrayal as a confident and outspoken woman in a time when such traits were unconventional is both inspiring and empowering. While the reviewer expresses a desire for more detailed physical descriptions of the characters, the overall reading experience is deemed highly enjoyable, earning the book a commendable rating of 4 out of 5 stars. This captivating tale, while not suitable for children due to its violent scenes, is recommended for young adults seeking an adventurous and engaging read.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

A story of magic and intrigue. Did Delvin kill Borlock or was he trained? Why was he standing with a chair leg beside his dead body? Why doesn't he remember anything? With these questions running through my mind. I feel so eager to read this book.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Legacy: Wisdom of African Traditions and the Bible by Chris Morehouse

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend. Your review captures the essence of this magical and adventurous story. It sounds like a captivating read for those who enjoy tales of magic and adventure.
Marina
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your indept review on "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend. Nothing like magic, mystery, murder and adventure to get you interested in reading a book, which is why I have put this on my list to read. I look forward to finding out whether Devlin murdered his role model. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Pritam Kumar Naik
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Pritam Kumar Naik »

The author's writing style in "The Magician's Secret" is both engaging and immersive.
The author skillfully weaves together elements of mystery, fantasy, and suspense, keeping the reader on their toes throughout the narrative.
The Magician's Secret" is an enchanting and thoroughly enjoyable read, sure to captivate both young and adult readers fascinated by the world of magic and adventure.
The plot of "The Magician's Secret" is filled with twists and turns, ensuring that the readers are constantly engaged and eager to uncover what lies ahead.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Indeed... The student became better than the teacher. I don't appreciate Delvin as a villain though. I hope he gets better. I am looking forward to reading this book. Congratulations to the author on winning book of the day.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I wonder if Delvin really killed the magician Borlock since he was the person Delvin admires the most. Jarla seems like an interesting character for being strong, fearless, and self-assured in a time when only men could boss and women were simply stood by. It looks like a good option for young adults.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The author captivates the reader's attention by immersing them in the same state of confusion as Delvin. I quickly formed a connection with Delvin, feeling a shared experience.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend weaves a spellbinding tale that ensnares readers from the very first chapter, a literary conjuring that propels them into a world of mystery, magic, and the tantalizing enigma surrounding Delvin's uncertain predicament. Townsend's adept pacing and vivid descriptions create a captivating journey, though a touch more detail on character appearances could enhance the magical experience. Nice review.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Townsend captivates with a rapid-paced first chapter, leaving readers eager for more. Skillful world-building, character depth, and Princess Jarla's defiance of gender norms make this an inspiring and engaging read.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like such a fun, magical book to read. I'm curious about how Delvin ended up in this position and Princess Jarla sounds amazing and fun to root for. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”