Review of Your Will

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Review of Your Will

Post by Tori_J »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Will" by Davide Zamboni.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Your Will: Iron Blood, by Davide Zamboni, is an Italian novel that depicts forgiveness, toughness, worship, combat, and second chances.

An ogre, a beastly-looking character, had been enslaved and forced to work in a minefield for many years. His master, Red-Head, enslaved a young girl as well. This young girl, Beatrice, was reported lost at the Benward temple. The Benward temple then sent two executioners, Sergio and Giordano, to free her. When the executioners got there, they faced some resistance from Red-Head and his accomplice, the ogre. The ogre was supposed to be Red-Head's accomplice and fight alongside him; however, he ended up saving Beatrice from a knife attack. The ogre got stabbed and thought he had died, but the executioners saved him, and they took him to the temple in a bid to make him an executioner. Unfortunately, the training and requirements to become an executioner were tedious and challenging. You can read the rest of the story in this book.

Your Will: Iron Blood, by Davide Zamboni, is a novel that talks about the epic lifestyles of Italian soldiers, their adventures, their battles, and their recruitment process. It also mirrored the religious lifestyles of the Italians. The book revolved around several characters, notably the ogre, Sergio, Giordano, Gerone, and so on.

One notable aspect I enjoyed about this book is the characters' development. Each character was rightly introduced and rightly developed. The ogre began as a seclusive, enslaved character and became someone free, chatty, and combative. I loved how Gerome's character grew from a lonely, sad blacksmith to a concerned leader and trainer.

This work aims to show the world that there could be strength in disability. It intends to show how people should change their opinion of disabled people. This was depicted through the ogre's character. The ogre, who looked half-beast, half-human, was looked upon with contempt by the people. Offensive remarks were always made about him until he became a professional executioner.

Unfortunately, I was able to find fault with an aspect of this book. It would have been a much more joyous read if the author had included more dialogues in the story. Also, it would have been great if Beatrice had shown up later in the story. I believe there is more to her character. For these reasons, I would give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. The book was exceptionally edited because I found no errors. I would suggest this be read by older readers because of the vulgar words present in the book. I would recommend this book to lovers of Italian fictional novels. The fact that the book was written in Italian might also be a limitation for some readers. I hope to see the book translated into other languages in the future.

Your Will
View: on Bookshelves
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I think stories with enough dialogues make a better read. This seems like an interesting read. Great job.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I couldn’t read a book written in Italian, but that doesn’t mean others who can, shouldn’t. It sounds like not only is it an interesting story, it teaches a moral lesson, too.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

I like the storyline and the twists. the review is simple and descriptive. it teaches a moral that people change so never judge a book by its cover.
rose203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

The story sounds complex with well-developed characters. I will definitely add it to my shelf. Great review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

The story line sounds quite complex but i like one could learn about Italian tradition . Great review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

An Italian fantasy novel with profound themes is certainly interesting to me. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”