Review of A Light Beam For Faith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of A Light Beam For Faith

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Light Beam For Faith" by E.K. Highland.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hazel Walker’s life seemed bleak after a drastic event that took place at Mont-Tremblant, which led to the loss of her mother and sisters, but she soon found out a part of herself she never knew about. With the help of her best friend, Zita, Hazel found out her link to the Alpha Cygnian people and embarked on a journey that would show them worlds they knew nothing about. Hazel learnt to conquer her fears and became stronger than ever. She was faced with the responsibility of helping to bring planets together and didn’t waver but faced them head-on with the help of her new family. Join Hazel on her adventure with the Alpha Cygnian people through the pages of E.K. Highland's A Light Beam For Faith

The author’s portrayal of the strength and intelligence women, especially women of colour, possesses was of major admiration to me. I loved how meticulous some of the chapters were as they helped create robust scenarios and made for extensive reading. I loved that the author explained the need for peace, communication, and democracy for the improvement of the people as well as for balance. Many values were emphasized in this book, and they included selflessness, discipline, bravery, and tenacity. I found the knowledge very useful. Also, I loved how the importance of having strong family support and training was well emphasized, as shown in some characters in the book. Overall, the author did a wonderful job in this book.

I did not particularly like that I found many grammatical errors in E.K. Highland's A Light Beam For Faith, most of which were in the last chapter. It wasn't professionally edited. Also, in the final parts of the book, the story felt rushed. It felt as though the author was trying to fit in so many events at the same time. I would have preferred the book remain as detailed as it was in the first few pages. In addition, I didn’t quite appreciate the way information was being repeated unnecessarily in some parts of the book, as it made the story a bit monotonous.

The book was generally captivating and kept my interest till the very end, and I think it will be the same experience for a lot of readers. However, owing to the dislikes from the last paragraph, I would rate this book two out of four stars. The number of grammatical errors I found in the book really affected my reading experience.

I would definitely recommend A Light Beam For Faith by E.K. Highland to science fiction lovers. Also, readers who love to read about strong female figures will enjoy this book. Advocates of women empowerment can take lessons from this book and make reference to Hazel's character while teaching women how to be strong leaders.

A Light Beam For Faith
View: on Bookshelves
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Before I start reading the review, I've got to say that the cover of the book alone is captivating.
It has a smooth rhythm with the title.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

At least the review started quite alright. Wasn't expecting 2 stars, to be honest, the storyline seems to be alright but the excessive errors limit the greatness of the book.
Thanks for the review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

The cover is captivating and the storyline intriguing however it seems to have been rushed and not detailed enough. I hope I could give it a read after it has been edited properly.
rayees ahmad
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by rayees ahmad »

Errors should be eliminated but this book is really good, needs corrected so that readers will enjoy this good piece....
Belen Egan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belen-egan.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Belen Egan »

What I liked of this book is women representation, the fact that our characters are strong minded really makes me want to read this book. Thank you for the review.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

Hate when errors can spoil a good book. Hazel's story still sounds incredibly engaging though. Good review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel shows interesting potential but it seems in need for more editing to develop it properly, including proofreading. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”