Review of The Magedeedo Adventures

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Review of The Magedeedo Adventures

Post by Rayah Raouf »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Magedeedo Adventures" by Cressida S-D.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Magedeedo Adventures: Saving the Kingdom is a fantasy book written by Cressida S. D. The protagonists, Kristen and Kyle, are twins and are transported to a magical world.

Kristen and Kyle are taken to the Kingdom of Magedeedo because the Royal Sceptre has been stolen. Even though the twins were sceptical at first, they decided to help the kingdom. One problem the kingdom faces is an unknown spy. Somebody knows the plan and will, without a doubt, tell the enemy about it. It is in their hands to uncover the spy, protect the people, set a battle plan, recover the sceptre, save the queen, and save the kingdom.

The book has 102 pages making it a quick read. Also, it is fast-paced and immediately throws you into the story. The characters are instantly thrown into a different world and asked to help save the kingdom. I like how each chapter had a picture. It gave me an idea of how certain characters looked and helped me picture the environment more. I like the addition of magic and martial arts and how each character had their own strength. Kristen was super cool since she was good at martial arts. I liked the idea of her being physically stronger than her twin brother. There are a lot of great hidden lessons in this book, and I am sure it would positively affect teenagers.

On the other hand, I don't believe I got to understand the world much. The story lacked a proper introduction. I understand the story is aimed at a younger audience. This book might grab their attention faster; however, it took me a few chapters. While reading, I had to put myself in the shoes of a teenager. I also understand that there is the promise of a sequel and that it might fill in the gaps in this book.

The book seems to be exceptionally edited, as I did not find any errors or typos. Despite my concerns, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The Magedeedo Adventures: Saving the Kingdom is the author's first published book, and I am looking forward to her developments in the sequel. The writing style was easy to follow, and it was a pleasant read.

I would recommend The Magedeedo Adventures: Saving the Kingdom to teenagers under the age of 15. However, this book can be read and enjoyed by an older audience. I also believe that this would be a great story to have in a reading lesson for the primary grades.

The Magedeedo Adventures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Too bad such a lovely adventurous story lacks a well-developed background. But I like the cover and can imagine how great the illustrations are :) Thanks for a wonderful review!
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

Wow! This book sounds interesting and adventurous, I would love to read this book to discover of the twin will uncover the spy, save the queen and the kingdom. Great review.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

The book has a good storyline, adventure and crime. I find it really interesting and I look forward to reading it. Great review.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Seems like an adventurous and fun read. I'm sure kids would be entertained by reading this. Great review.
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Post by Judy_Akha »

It seems the book will easily engage young readers, but I don't like the cover of the book, especially since it is aimed at children. Anyways, "Don't judge a book by its cover," so thanks for your great review.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

An adventure and fun field book "The Magedeedo Adventures" by Cressida S-D, which follows twins who get transported to a magical world. Great review indeed.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Ellylion wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 03:11 Too bad such a lovely adventurous story lacks a well-developed background. But I like the cover and can imagine how great the illustrations are :) Thanks for a wonderful review!
Thank you for the comment.
Limitless_66 wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 22:44 Wow! This book sounds interesting and adventurous, I would love to read this book to discover of the twin will uncover the spy, save the queen and the kingdom. Great review.
I know! It was quite entertaining. Thank you for dropping by.
Christopherio wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 04:55 The book has a good storyline, adventure and crime. I find it really interesting and I look forward to reading it. Great review.
Raymond N wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 13:14 Seems like an adventurous and fun read. I'm sure kids would be entertained by reading this. Great review.
I know kids would enjoy this very much.
Judy_Akha wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 08:01 It seems the book will easily engage young readers, but I don't like the cover of the book, especially since it is aimed at children. Anyways, "Don't judge a book by its cover," so thanks for your great review.
I was a bit hesitant initially, but as you said 'dont judge a book by its cover'.
sanjus wrote: 01 May 2022, 08:50 An adventure and fun field book "The Magedeedo Adventures" by Cressida S-D, which follows twins who get transported to a magical world. Great review indeed.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Sounds like a fun read adventure story. Trying to recover the sceptre and saving the kingdom from their enemies will not be a small task. Teenagers would find this book enjoyable. Thanks for the great review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Not my regular kind of book but the review got me. Nice review
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 05 May 2022, 20:49 Sounds like a fun read adventure story. Trying to recover the sceptre and saving the kingdom from their enemies will not be a small task. Teenagers would find this book enjoyable. Thanks for the great review.
Thank you.
Edit_or wrote: 06 May 2022, 04:59 Not my regular kind of book but the review got me. Nice review
Thank you, and I understand. We all have preferences.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This seems to be an excellent book, and the twins seem to enable the author to bring out a wonderful plot. The review was interesting to read.
Poetic Justice
EssyJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyj.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by EssyJ »

The author has seemingly done a great book with the visuals judging from the cover page. Thanks for this well-written review.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Sarah1738 wrote: 08 May 2022, 14:26 This seems to be an excellent book, and the twins seem to enable the author to bring out a wonderful plot. The review was interesting to read.
Thank you very much.
EssyJ wrote: 10 May 2022, 07:52 The author has seemingly done a great book with the visuals judging from the cover page. Thanks for this well-written review.
The visuals are a bit different, but it fits the book well. Thank you.
rose203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

I don't often read children books but this sounds like an interesting one. Great review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”