Review of Third Evacuation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Review of Third Evacuation

Post by Mildred Echesa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Third Evacuation" by Francisco Villate.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Third Evacuation is a fictional book written by Francisco Villate. It is set in Laxor, a planet found in space. The Laxor will soon be destroyed, and the guardians have to find a way of saving the Laxorians. They can communicate through Sarom, who becomes known as a prophet. They soon leave the planet and travel through space for over 20 years. Rebellions and wars start, which almost wipe out the colony through pollution. The guardians have to move the Laxorians as soon as possible to the new planet, where they start a unique and magnificent life.

The novel revolves around Sarom and his life as a young monk who becomes a prophet at a tender age. The guardians inform him about the world's end, and he carries on their tasks. He is a patient and hardworking man who does everything to ensure that Laxorians are safe.

The setting of the book is exciting and easy to understand. The first setting is the Laxorians' home planet, Laxor. The second setting is in the colony, and the last setting is the new Laxorian planet, where the Laxorians are left to settle and begin evolution.

Another fascinating bit about the book is the descriptive imagery used by the author, which allows one to draw clear images about events while reading the book. The author describes the characters well, making them easy to remember, and making the story more captivating.

The book also has magical creatures, bringing back childhood memories of the magical creatures I used to read in children's books; the plants in Laxor can move around, and there are even giants. The most intriguing giant is Onc.

The afterlife and resurrection aspect of the book is also something to jot down. The Laxorians do not fully die but are reborn with new personalities every time they pass on. Afterlife is something that many people believe in our world, and I sometimes wonder what happens after we die.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. I, therefore, rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It's exciting, and I enjoyed every bit of it. The characters play their roles, and the end of the book is fulfilling. Since I only noticed a few grammatical errors, the book seems to have been professionally edited. I recommend it to science fiction lovers since it comprises spaceships and a whole new world in space.

Third Evacuation
View: on Bookshelves
Poetic Justice
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

I think this would be a lovely sci-fi I would read after a long while. I love that it is about travelling through spaces.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am truly a science fiction fan which is nothing anyone ever expected. Just ask my mom! The Laxorians must have experienced something akin to culture shock. Having to move so many times must have been frustrating for them even with the guidance of Sarom.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a wonderful sci-fi novel :) I would love to explore the world of Laxor and get acquainted to its magical creatures! Thanks for a great review!
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

This is truly a fantasy novel. Just from the review, my Imagination is running far and wide. How much more reading the book itself.
Thanks for the honest review, It clarified the book.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

This book is definitely my type of sci-fi and I hope to find all the qualities of a book I enjoy. Thanks for the review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I love science fiction that involves space travel and visiting new planets. I think I would enjoy this book very much. Thanks for an excellent review!
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

I admire Sarom's strength in leading the Laxorians to another planet. It's not an easy feat to lead thousands of people to a whole new planet. Thanks for the well-written review.
rose203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

I am not the biggest science fiction fan but after reading your review, I would definitely like to read this book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Israel10 wrote: 03 May 2022, 11:48 This looks like quite an intriguing storyline. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf.
Yes it's intriguing and fun to read.
Poetic Justice
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:

Post by Mildred Echesa »

rose203 wrote: 06 May 2022, 02:25 I am not the biggest science fiction fan but after reading your review, I would like to read this book.
I am glad you liked
Poetic Justice
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 05 May 2022, 19:54 I admire Sarom's strength in leading the Laxorians to another planet. It's not an easy feat to lead thousands of people to a whole new planet. Thanks for the well-written review.
Sarom is indeed strong and a very reputable man. His courage is to be remarked greatly
Poetic Justice
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Prisallen wrote: 04 May 2022, 15:26 I love science fiction that involves space travel and visiting new planets. I think I would enjoy this book very much. Thanks for an excellent review!
It reminds me personally of several movies about space and end of humanity
Poetic Justice
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel that mixes science fiction elements such as space travel with fantasy elements such as magic. The Laxorian afterlife might be either science fiction or fantasy or even a blend of both. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 812
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Wow! The world-building sounds amazing, and now I want to know more about those giants and moving plants found on Laxor.
Thanks for this thorough review :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”