Review of Inside Out

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Inside Out

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inside Out" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inside Out is the fourth book in a fictional series called Seeker Five, written by Tayma Tameem. The journey to becoming a seeker was on, and it was not an easy one. The trials for those who would be seekers continued. The participants were already in the last and most dangerous phase of the journey. Helena, the commander, and Hillstone, the general, decided to create a detour from the usual ways of trials. Skylar Calleum and her friends were on a high cliff, not knowing who would be the next to fall. They had all wanted to have access to a comfortable life; however, they would soon discover something about the fate of their families and all that they had as long as they remained on the journey. Find out what became of them in this journey characterized by betrayal, sweat, tears, and happiness.

The book had a number of positive points; I loved that each chapter had a topic that gave an overview of the information in the chapter, and that made me keenly interested to read the rest of it. Also, the book made use of plot twists and flashbacks. I loved the fact that the book touched on some problems of present-day society, such as the corrupt nature of some government officials and the struggles that come along with working for society. Good anger management, caring for our mental health, overcoming childhood hurts, and having a good parent-child relationship were suggested as keys to escaping certain troubles. The different personality types of the participants of the trials showcased different human attitudes and the essence of developing strong emotional intelligence.

On the other hand, the book requires that the reader must have read the previous book in the series to fully understand the storyline and the author's plot. It can't be read as a standalone book. To understand certain concepts in the book, one needs to have encountered them in the books prior to this one. Besides, there were no summaries of the previous books in the series for those who happen to have access to just book four. I didn't like this point about this book.

In view of the aforestated, I will give Inside Out by Tayma Tameem a three out of four stars rating. I didn't give it a lower rating because the book had a captivating storyline, and it was exceptionally well edited as well. However, I could not grasp the connectors in the story entirely, hence the reduced rating. I feel the author could have done more to create an impeccable connection between this book and the other books in the series.

Inside Out by Tayma Tameem is hereby recommended to those who enjoy reading adventure, exploration, and action fiction. However, it is essential to read the preceding books in the series to enjoy this book fully.

Inside Out
View: on Bookshelves
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

While reading just the review, my imaginations were running wild, how much more reading the main book.
Thanks for the superb review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

It seems there are previous versions to be read to get the full story because this one has piqued my interest. Thanks for the review.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

Oh wow, now I have to go read the entire series. This sounds amazing. Also love the cover.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like another engaging novel by Tayma Tameem, though starting from the beginning of this series is required to understand the whole story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
novitasolossa
Favorite Book: How to Live a Life of Hope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by novitasolossa »

This book sounds amazing, even when viewed from the cover. Although it received 3 out of 4 stars, it is not a problem to try.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”