Review of NORAD's Ghost

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amelia-Lily
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-lily.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Review of NORAD's Ghost

Post by Amelia-Lily »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "NORAD's Ghost" by Chris Black.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A tale of a post-apocalyptic era ensuing from the events of a nuclear war in March 2025 leaves a permanent scar on the earth. The remnants of humanity struggle for survival through fatal conditions. NORAD's Ghost, written by Chris Black, is a science fiction story you don't want to miss.

The Genesis project, started by Utopia's scholars to put an end to infertility, the shortened lifespan of man, and radioactive-induced sicknesses, turned out to be a success. This breakthrough threatened the inhumane rule of the Scholastic Order. They destroyed the experiment and eliminated the scientists to mandate their rule over the dying masses. The key to preventing humanity's extinction is Thundersky Reece, a mysterious child who is immune to the effects of the current hazardous conditions. Hidden secrets and lies of the Scholastic Order are uncovered. Will Thundersky Reece and his friends bring salvation to humanity? Grab this book to get informed.

This book is one born out of great creativity by the author. I must commend the author on the explicit description of places, people, weapons, and events, creating images of the old world that existed before the war and how the new world emerged from the ruins of the war. This made the book fascinating. I love how the author created a storyline full of twists and suspense, carefully uncovering mysteries such as lies and corruption. This caught my attention and made the book impossible to let go of. Furthermore, the characters were well-built and played their roles perfectly.

Additionally, the author explored technological advancements that are extremely exciting. The use of technical terms shows that the author did an impressive job in his research. The author also explained such terms to help readers fully understand. The book talks about how men crave power and how it drives men to do anything to keep it. It teaches the values of courage and resilience. It also teaches the act of fighting for freedom and justice. Likewise, it talks about how humans' strive for survival brought out the worst in them—ranging from the savage ferals to the scavengers who traded valuable items they picked up to get food and medicine. He also spoke about the Dusteaters who fought for justice and the selfish Utopian Scholastic Order who oppressed the masses to get the services they needed in exchange for medicine.

Furthermore, I found no errors that altered its readability due to its professional editing. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I did feel like the author tried to oversell the technological aspect of the story, and sometimes the book got a little boring, but these are not enough to affect my rating.

I recommend this book to sci-fi story lovers and anyone who loves fictional stories.

NORAD's Ghost
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Great review. I know what NORAD is and wonder how that comes into play in this story? This book sounds not only professionally edited but professionally written. I'm putting it on my list to read.
rose203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

I have always been fascinated by what a post-apocalyptic world would look like. Great review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It seems to me that a lot of post-apocalyptic novels have an evil entity bent on retaining its power at the core. It’s hard for me to wrap my ind around the fact that they would use lethal force to attain these objectives.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

The world seems to be at its end, and children are rare. I enjoyed reading your review and the story about Apocalypse appears to be something I would enjoy reading
Poetic Justice
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging post-apocalyptic novel that addresses some important issues, all problems we should solve to avoid that kind of future. I'm really curious to see why the Scholastic Order seems keen on allowing humanity to get extinct. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”