Review of THE DANCE OF LIGHT: Part 1: The Return of the Knights

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chocolaterays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chocolaterays.html
Latest Review: Gracefully Owning Life's Dreams by Tisha Lee

Review of THE DANCE OF LIGHT: Part 1: The Return of the Knights

Post by chocolaterays »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "THE DANCE OF LIGHT: Part 1: The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Dance of Light: Part 1: The Return of the Knights is a book by Gregory Kontaxis. It is an epic fantasy about the struggle for power between Walter and the queen. This is an interesting book filled with drama, fiction, and suspense. The author talked about the war which Walter brought before their peaceful kingdom and the extent he has gone just to achieve his goal of sitting on the throne. However, despite his strength and power, he has to overcome various obstacles, and an element of surprise that he never knew was possible. Did Walter achieve his goal of taking the throne? To what extent did he actually go to achieve his goal?

The author talks about the Knightdorn and the history behind it. The author talked about its rulers and the tragedy that befell them. The author also talks about a young little lad who came from nowhere but came on a quest to save the queen. Who is this little lad? Is he the hope they have prayed for all these years? 

The first positive aspect I found in this book is the storyline. I loved the story so much that it made me feel like I was watching Game of Thrones all over again. I loved how the author told his story. I loved how he played out each character in a way that they had significance in their own way during the course of the war. I loved Elliott's character so much. He was a mysterious yet brave and courageous young lad. And I also loved how the author painted him to be a strong young lad with valor but also showed that he too had flaws too. I also love the author's story about centaurs and elwyns too; it was really interesting. I also love how the author painted loyalty and betrayal in this book. I think he did a good job with it, especially the betrayal in the council. I love how his words were clear and precise, and easy to understand. I also like the superficial story of witches and witchcraft in their society. 

The negative aspect I found in this book is that the beginning of the book was quite bland. However, as I continued reading it, with the unraveling of various storylines and plot twists, I really enjoyed it. I would suggest spicing up the beginning so that potential readers would not lose interest before getting to understand the book.

Although I found a few errors in the book, I would say this book was professionally edited. I would rate the book 4 out of 4 because the errors did not affect the flow or rhythm of the book, and I really enjoyed the book and found it interesting and satisfactory.

I recommend this book to persons who are into fiction and fantasy books. Also, I recommend this book to people who are into medieval stories about knights. I also recommend the book to persons who are into books about adventures; they would find this entertaining.

THE DANCE OF LIGHT: Part 1: The Return of the Knights
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

There are lots of novels out there about knights and how they came about and their desire to be kings. This story seems to be about a youngster who is helping thing along just because it is the right thing to do, not for what he can get.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

I've been looking for a Game of Thrones-esq fantasy novel to dive into.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

This book would appeal to be as I enjoyed watching the game of thrones series. The storyline and setting also seem to he intriguing. Thank you for an amazing review.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

I hope I get the patience to sit through the parts of the book that are not so interesting, but from what I have read, the book is a great read and I and certainly getting it. Thank you for the review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

I appreciate your review and I would love to read this book. The author should also be congratulated for writing something as wonderful as this book sounds.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

Well, I didn't really like the Game of Thrones, so I don't think I would appreciate this book. But then, your review is wonderful. I want to know if Walter was able to take the throne. Your summary of the book caught my attention as well. You also stated the positive and negative aspects of the book. These all make your review beautiful
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

This book seems like an interesting one. I love books that have great storylines and well-developed characters. Your summary of the book is beautiful. Also, you stated what you liked and disliked about the book. Thank you for an honest review.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

I have read this book. This is an honest review because it says everything about the book. Kist like you, I also loved Elliot's character. I read this book because it was an interesting book and it was also filled with suspense. All the things you listed as the positive aspects of the book are all true because I have read the book. The only thing I didn't like about this book was the fact that i couldnt understand the book until I got to a certain point. Overall, the book is a great read.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

This book seems to have a lot of things I enjoy. I love fictional works that come with suspense. Your amazing review has made me wanting to read this book already. I would love to find out what started the feud between Walter and the Queen.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

Seems like an epic story that would really engage the readers. Books like this is always rare to come by. Thanks for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging epic fantasy novel that certainly appeals to readers who appreciate stories in the medieval style. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”