Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Post by Nyam Bura »

Thank you for a detailed review. Although the story sounds interesting, I am not ready to ignore all the errors. I think I should wait until the book is well edited so that I can enjoy reading it.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

The plot is quite intriguing. If only the execution and editing details were polished more as stated in the review, it could be a strong contender for a unique story and garner way more readers. The story has a strong backbone, but it is not enough for a book to succeed. The skin and bones both need to go together.
It is disappointing to have the Book of the month of such quality and only have one official review.
Riccardo Rick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Riccardo Rick »

"Watchdogs: Abnormal Beginnings book 1" is a really entertaining and well-structured novel. The narration flows easily with this post-apocalyptic genre leaving the readers very captivating with the adventures the main character goes through.

Author, Mike L. Junior, managed to create a compelling novel about an uncertain future that can sometimes be a little overwhelming. But I think this novel has the right amount of fantasy, uncertainty and very colorful scenarios to follow along.

To sum up, I think this adventurous fiction will fit those readers into futuristic topics and stories. But every casual reader will have a good time reading this novel. Personally, I enjoyed very much the survival mode the main character must follow in order to survive.
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

Thank you for your honest review. The editing errors you described really can become a frustrating chore to try to sort through and creates a greater sense of disassociation between reader and story, however good the plot may be.
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

OMG I loved the plot it seems like it is a good book I can't wait to read It, i do understand your frustration and not like the book due to errors because it can be a very big turn off to some readers.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I was surprised to see that a book eligible for book of the month had only one star. But reading your review, I see that the rating has all to do with the errors and poor editing rather than plot.
Brittany LaPour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Does it Sound Like When You Change Your Mind?
Bookshelf Size: 2329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-lapour.html
Reading Device: B07F7TLZF4

Post by Brittany LaPour »

Thank you for your honest review, I am interested in the plot of this book but I'm willing to wait until it has been professionally edited to pursue the book.
Michael Villanueva
Currently Reading: Price Wars
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-villanueva.html
Latest Review: Bambara by Joseph Eidelberg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michael Villanueva »

Your plot summary makes me interested to read the story, but I find it very difficult to read books with as many errors as you describe. It almost sounds like this book was an early draft instead of a finished product. I hope the author revisits the book and makes some corrections, because it sounds like some of the ideas explored in this book would make for an interesting read.
Andre Francis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andre-francis.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Andre Francis »

That's a shame about this book. It has an amazing premise, especially how the abilities came about. At least it is fixable. In some cases, it is better to have a good concept with bad execution rather than the reverse. Hopefully, it will get properly edited in the future.
Frdynan ardi Mulianaz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Frdynan ardi Mulianaz »

I have to read this book a couple week ago and i read again today this is fantastic book to read for us ,dr drake nathan was a gift form god for us our technology was super now started 10 years ago to help cancer and disiase we hope for good future now
Carol V
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carol-v.html
Latest Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Post by Carol V »

This is the first time I have engaged on this platform. Thank you Bertha Jackson, I learned a few things from reading your detailed review. Many errors in a book can be very draining. I would like to know what criteria is used to qualify as a book of the month. Thank you for the review!
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

Judging by the cover and this book and by the beginning of your review, I would have expected this book to get a complete 4 out of 4 stars. Thank you for being completely honest about this book. It is a shame at how little effort is put in the editing of some books. I would still be willing to try out this book. Nice review.
April Dimmitt
Currently Reading: Ruthless boys of the Zodiac
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by April Dimmitt »

This book sounds very interesting and I would definitely want to read if the errors you described are corrected. Very fair and honest review. Thank you!
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html

Post by maycherono91 »

Such a shame that a beautiful, thought-provoking and intriguing plot would be diluted to nothingness because of errors. I would have loved to read the book because of the plot, but the execution of the plot ruined it for me. Otherwise, nice review.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

Goodness I get very distracted with so many errors in a book. The plot and thought sounds like a great read and it’s sad that the author didn’t take time to have the book professionally edited. Thank you so much for a honest review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”