Review of Earth & Evermore

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Review of Earth & Evermore

Post by Harty Muli »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Earth & Evermore" by John Consalvo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I had a psychologist friend who believed in alternate lifetimes (past lives) and based his practice on the idea. Although I never experienced it, he vouched for a kind of therapy that induced the brain to recall distant memories. Despite being wary of my friend’s medical procedure, John Consalvo, in his book entitled Earth & Evermore: The Lighted Blade, has captivated me with a story that touches closely on this very subject (albeit without the therapy part). And although classified as sci-fi, his book offered me wisdom and insight into the mystery of the interplay between good and evil. This involved tracing the past and present lives of several characters that are featured in his novel.

Elevemada—the Galaxy of Souls—is made up of ten planets. Of these, Gardenia is one of the largest and most influential, and it’s ruled by Queen Amana who has a personal seraph, Orion, who protects Gardenia from its enemies. Queen Amana had been picked by Lord Jaesu, the King of the Universe, who together with the Great Father of Evermore and the Blue Spirit of Fire are the creators of everything seen and unseen. Furthermore, the ten worlds share a sporting event known as the Owls and the Seraphs.

I liked this novel because of the exciting perception it offered about our past lives based on our present world. Of importance, for all that, it’s worth noting the explanation Consalvo gave for the fact that we don’t remember our past existence. According to him, when we lived in Elevemada, life was exceedingly good. Nevertheless, to earn additional rewards that are only found in Evermore, we had to or must undergo earthly trials, hence, our present existence in this world. And from this point, Consalvo’s novel gets even more gripping. He claims that three doors open to us when we experience Earth. Two of these doors, we are already familiar with for they are the doors of birth and death. The third door, however, is the reason we forget that, at one point, we walked and communed with the creator of the cosmos.

In a world where some people sleep-walk through life, e.g., by ignoring the essence of the spiritual dimension, or even doubting the reality of an afterlife, I found Consalvo’s worldview convincing and, surprisingly, compatible with more than a few aspects of my spiritual viewpoint. I was gratified to note that God was portrayed as loving and directly involved in our circumstances while on Earth and beyond. Moreover, in the great struggle between good and evil, the author demonstrated persuasively the efficacy of soft power (achieved through the application of faith, hope, and love) over hard power (emanating from the use of weapons of fire and stone). This, in particular, would help any reader understand how God could die for his creation without losing face.

Lastly, I didn’t dislike anything in this novel. And save for a few errors, the book is well edited. I, thus, rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Honestly, I think this book will entertain, inspire, and nourish any reader’s mind and soul. But to be more specific, I recommend it to a reader looking for a spiritual book focusing on love, kindness, emotional intelligence, and other subtle life skills. At the same time, it may be unsuited to readers averse to books featuring violence and metaphysical activities.

Earth & Evermore
View: on Bookshelves
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

This book should be in my shelf. Your description of this book is intriguing. It seems it is a book with touch of spiritual and powerful themes.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am very confused by the existence of past lives. I can understand not remembering because of the excellence of life Elevemada when compared with life here which, most of the time, isn’t. Surely, someone would remember something, though.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Thank you for your review. I find the story very interesting because it relates to science.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

If I understand right, this book is in part fantasy and in part religion. Very interresting. Good review!
Dami Bassam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dami Bassam »

The book is about religion. The relation of the earth existence and other planets can help for a question : If GOD create all this planets , galaxy,nature to love this life and how it becomes in the futur.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Existence of past lives is an interesting subject, and a novel related to the topic should be interesting. Thank you for the intriguing review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”