Review of Endeavor’s Run

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Review of Endeavor’s Run

Post by Blessing Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Endeavor's Run" by Tobin Marks.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Endeavor's Run is a sci-fi and fantasy novel Tobin Marks wrote. The book tells us about a starship and the adventures of the crew members who were sent on a mission to an unknown planet.

After a mysterious message reached the Earth, Lieutenant Ni and the officer in charge of deep-space transmission decided to visit the IFC headquarters to let them know of their findings. They learned that a starship was being prepared on their arrival, but they were told to keep it a secret. Soon after, the starship named "Endeavor" and the crew members began their journey to an unknown planet named Aqueous, inhabited by higher beings and dragons. Their mission is to solve the mystery of the disappearance of the "Starship Monarch." But will their mission be successful? And what fate awaits them in Aqueous? You could only read the book and find out.

The book is a blend of science fiction and fantasy spiced with adventure. The characters have a distinct human warmth, and their insecurities and strength can be felt in their conversation and thought. We witnessed an example of this on page 314, where commander Hammär thought of his wife, who went missing on Monarch. The book keeps the reader engaged with fast-paced storytelling. The beginning of the book was confusing, but as I dived more profound, I began to understand each chapter.

What I loved most about the book were the characters, mostly Basil, who is called "Baseball" by Alex. The boy is so intelligent and intuitive that he sees everything differently, as seen in the fact that he couldn't believe the mission was to only look for the lost starship. He knew there was another reason why they were sent to Aqueous, and he told Alex of his thoughts, but the latter wasn't paying any attention. Also, Captain Jennings was a loveable character who, despite his past tragedies, still had to lead the crew, provide suggestions and also tell them what to do. Lastly, I love Alex and Baseball's friendship. Based on my perspective about the book and the absence of multiple errors, I would like to rate this intriguing book 4 out of 4 stars.

I want to recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi and fantasy novels with some added adventures. If you are comfortable with plot twists, I could recommend reading this book as well. It appears well-edited in my evaluation.

Endeavor’s Run
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really like science fiction novels and also novels with a great friendship. This is the best of both worlds. I am very interested in the massage that was received and the mission to look for the lost ship.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I really like science fiction books, and coupled with the way your review summed everything up, it really tells it’s an amazing book that one must read. Great job!
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Just because it's a science fiction book doesn't mean you can't relate to the characters. Maybe I would relate to Alex. Much depends on how the characters are pictured by the author. Great review!
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

This is a book that is worth reading. One can get insights into what this book entails just by reading this review. Well penned by the author
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

The title of this book reminded me of Ender's Game, which I have taught for years in my freshman English class. Human warmth and insecurities is also a motif in that book.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing science fiction novel and I like twists when they're well constructed, as it seems in this case, like the characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting sci-Fi fantasy novel highlighting a starship and the adventures of the crew members who were sent on a mission to an unknown planet. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Endeavor's Run by Tobin Marks is a great piece about the interaction of humans and the outer space. I will read to know if the explorers succeeded in finding the missing " Starship Monarch"
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Why in the World Are We Here?
Bookshelf Size: 2400
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I'm not much of a sci-fi reader. Or a fantasy one, for that matter. But I do love a good plot twist and a nice friendship!
Good review!
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1439
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a scifi novel that's filled with adventure, realistic characters, and plenty of twists & turns. Readers of the genre will be fully engaged, and will especially love the friendship between Alex and Basil. I'm looking forward to finding out if the crew is able to solve the mystery behind the disappearance of the Starship Monarch! Thanks for the helpful review! :-)
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

There are so many mysteries to uncover, so many secrets to search out, and so many adventures to keep the blood pumping. I don't know if I want to be on this "Endeavour" ship. Good luck to the crew and their adventure. I hope the mysteries are unraveled.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

While I’m not big into science fiction, I love a good plot twist. I'm interested to see what happens with Alex and Baseball. Thanks for the review!
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow&rsquo;s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Since I am not a sci-fi or fantasy fan, and I easily get confused about what is going on in a book of this type, I believe I will pass. I can see where the book will appeal to avid sci-fi and fantasy lovers since the storyline and characters are intriguing! Thanks for the great review!
Last edited by Brenda Creech on 03 Dec 2022, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Basil sounds like a great character, imagine him being so intuitive that he had a feeling about their real mission. Can’t wait to read this. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”