Review of Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Review of Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc.

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc." by Ash Bishop.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Russ returned to Evanstown for his beloved grandfather’s funeral. While cleaning out his grandparents’ bookstore, which had fallen into disrepair, he ran across a very unusual rock. To try to discover what it was, he took it to Nina, a gorgeous woman with a reputation for being the most intelligent person in town. Nina invited him to bring the rock to her house later, so she could take a more thorough look at it. She also requested one of the rare firearms Russ had inherited from his grandfather be brought along since she enjoyed guns.

After visiting with Nina, Russ headed home but ran into a deer. Having his gun with him, he followed on foot and put the deer out of its misery. Shortly after killing it, he was suddenly assaulted, thrown through the air, and knocked unconscious. After regaining consciousness, he discovered the mutilated corpse of the deer next to him and overheard several people in the woods, obviously searching for something. Unexpectedly, an enormous cat-like creature, twice the size of a grizzly bear, suddenly appeared. Russ grabbed a gun and killed it, saving one of the group and impressing them with his skills. Subsequently, the leader declared that he was being conscripted into Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc., and it sounded as though Russ didn’t have much say in the matter. In addition, he discovered that the rare rock had somehow drawn the creature to Earth.

Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc. by Ash Bishop is a wonderfully imaginative and adventurous science-fiction novel with intermixed romance. Because most of the questions are resolved, the story can be read as a standalone; however, there is an epilogue that suggests there is a sequel in the works. The epilogue is followed by an appendix with several terms used in the story and their definitions. However, the words are clearly explained at the time they are first utilized in the book, so the appendix should only be needed rarely.

The story begins with Russ regaining consciousness in the woods after being knocked out and hearing the voices of the Intergalactic Exterminators. Subsequently, it wastes no time in capturing the reader’s attention. The novel then goes back in time to inform the reader how it reached that point. The story unfolds with plenty of adventure and excitement, which is not always realistic but is highly entertaining. For example, even though this takes place where there are advanced medical achievements, personnel with very little expertise are used to erase the memories of people who have come into contact with intergalactic visitors. In addition, the methods that are used inflict a lot of pain and usually have bad repercussions, so Russ tries to avoid the surgery at all costs. However, the novel is fun, suspenseful, and intriguing. The believable dialogue incorporates enough interwoven humor to cause me to chuckle frequently. I had trouble putting it down.

The story has an emphasis on the cost of items, which seems unimportant in most science-fiction novels. The most cost-efficient companies are the only ones that succeed. Even though the jobs are extremely hazardous, Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc. is in danger of folding because the expenditures are more than the company is making. This gives it a realistic touch.

Because I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it captivating, Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc. receives a rating of four out of four stars. I enthusiastically recommend it to readers who enjoy adventure, romance, and space-travel novels that have lots of humor. I can’t wait to read the author’s next book. Profanity and violence are encountered in this story. If that is a problem for the reader, they might want to look elsewhere.

Intergalactic Exterminators, Inc.
View: on Bookshelves
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

I like the fact that the novel is intermixed with romance. Thanks for the review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Elenimo Chembe wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 05:55 I like the fact that the novel is intermixed with romance. Thanks for the review.
I always like a story better if there is a little romance mixed in. This story didn't disappoint me in any way. I hope you get to read it!
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t really like romance in the books that I read. This sounds like a very good book except for that. Bringing the huge creature to Earth unintentionally must have been a great shock to Russ!
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

I always enjoy romance-based books. The Russ and Nina ordeal seem to be frightening, especially when in the woods. I loved your review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Amy Luman wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 09:27 I don’t really like romance in the books that I read. This sounds like a very good book except for that. Bringing the huge creature to Earth unintentionally must have been a great shock to Russ!
I think you would enjoy it even with the romance. The adventures are the major aspect of the story. Thanks for stopping by!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Ibunyi wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 11:47 I always enjoy romance-based books. The Russ and Nina ordeal seem to be frightening, especially when in the woods. I loved your review.
Thank you. I think you would love the book as well!
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

The book looks interesting. However, I prefer to avoid books filled with profanities. Great review though.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Sarah Sonbol wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 20:58 The book looks interesting. However, I prefer to avoid books filled with profanities. Great review though.
I understand. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I appreciate it!
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

The storyline sounds intriguing and interesting. The mix of romance in it will make less boring. Thanks for an honest review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Peace10 wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 11:41 The storyline sounds intriguing and interesting. The mix of romance in it will make less boring. Thanks for an honest review!
I agree. I don't think there was anything boring at all about this book. I hope you get to read it!
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I like the cover of the book. Outstanding review on this book. I adore how you highlighted the humor in the book in your review. I appreciate the review. I'm excited to read this intriguing book.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

Romance-based books are not my cup tea. But I would recommend it to those interested in such stories. Thanks for the nice review.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

In some ways, this seems like an alien version of Men in Black and it sounds like a lot of fun to read. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”