Review of The Oort Federation: To the Stars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Review of The Oort Federation: To the Stars

Post by Lucy Vera »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Oort Federation: To the Stars" by Robert G. Williscroft.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Oort Federation: To the Stars  is a science fiction novel written by Robert G. Williscroft that talks about the Oort Federation and how it evolved into being the force of the solar system. The book talks about Thorpe and his group, who provided a means for humans to be immortal. The author talks about Thorpe's plan to focus on what lies beyond the solar system. Will he be able to achieve this? 

The author starts the book with Thorpe passing down the chairmanship position to President John Butler for him to focus on his plan to discover what is beyond their solar system. Thorpe and his elite group of Ogden offer humanity the gift of virtual immortality and seek to help transform the moon into a habitable planet to create more living space for humans. Will they be able to achieve that? Will they be able to unite the Asterians and humans? Will mankind be able to handle the gift of immortality? 

One positive aspect of this book is that the storyline in the book is quite fascinating. I liked the way the author wrote the book clearly and peculiarly. I loved the drama, action, and suspense in the book, most especially Thorpe and his group's space adventure to Proxima Centauri and beyond the Aster system. I also loved how he described the Oort Federation and the different parts of the Aster system. I liked that I got to learn new words from this book. I love Kimberly's character, how smart and wise she is, and how she can smoothly run the Ogden enterprise with Daphne and also manage her job as Chairman John's liaison.

The negative part of the book is that at some point, the book kind of becomes ambiguous, for instance, the parts of the book that talk about the scientist figuring out how the Aster spaceship works. Apart from the errors, I didn't find any other negative aspects of the book.

I found a few errors in the book; however, I would say this book was professionally edited. I rate the book 4 out of 4 because the errors did not affect the flow or rhythm of the storyline of the book; it was still satisfying and interesting to read.

I recommend this book to persons who love to read fiction and science fiction novels. I also recommend it to people who are into action, adventurous and thrilling novels; this would be a good book for them.

The Oort Federation: To the Stars
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging science fiction novel that offers a lot of space adventures and, at the same time, addresses intriguing issues such as potential immortality. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”