Review of A Little Taste of Everyone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Review of A Little Taste of Everyone

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Little Taste of Everyone" by Zachary Cooper.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When a newly turned vampire named Tina is discovered wandering the city streets, Zukail, called Zuke or Z, is tasked with helping her and finding out who her maker is. Using his abilities, Zuke helps Tina remember her turning by a member of an ancient group called The Fang, who want to take over the world. Zuke immediately contacts his boss, Xant, and she comes up with a plan for them to find and destroy The Fang. Will they succeed, or will this be just the first battle in a new war?

A Little Taste of Everyone by Zachary Cooper started off strong with some early action and the intriguing mystery about Tina. It is a short book with the PDF I read being only 127 pages long. There was a lot of action, and the short length meant there were only a few brief lulls. Despite the short length, there were also some good, detailed descriptions. These were my favorite things about this book.

However, while there’s decent world building and characterization, there were also things that were glossed over, like information about Zuke’s past and some details about the wider world outside of this one city. There’s one mention of vampires in other cities, but then it isn’t brought up again. This is meant to be the first in a series, so it feels like it’s just setting things up for the rest of the series and these things will be revealed later, but it did leave me with questions.

Other negatives of this book are that the writing doesn’t always flow smoothly, and there were some run-on sentences. And sometimes details of descriptions were repeated. For example, in chapter one, a minor character is described three times with a variation of “a woman in a computer chair at a small table by the stage in front of a laptop.” She was the only person in the room with a computer, so after the first time, she only needed to be described as the woman with the laptop.

There were also a lot of punctuation and capitalization mistakes, which was what I disliked the most. Since Cooper seems to be planning to continue this as a series, I would definitely encourage him to hire an editor or proofreader.

Due to the book’s negatives, I am rating this book 2 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to someone looking for a vampire story that’s a quick read with a lot of action and is willing to over look its flaws. There are some descriptions of torture and extreme violence, but they are not very detailed.

A Little Taste of Everyone
View: on Bookshelves
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I think the cover is great and the title is intriguing, but the lack of professional editing is off-putting. Hopefully, it will be fixed because it seems like a great read.
SparkindaGl0
Currently Reading: On Becoming Me: Memoir of an 80's Teenager
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by SparkindaGl0 »

Nice throughout review. I can assume I may not be satisfied with the story being rushed. But like you said the book may turn into a series in which I may consider and hope nothing gets left out.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Shelby Ayres wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 19:02 I think the cover is great and the title is intriguing, but the lack of professional editing is off-putting. Hopefully, it will be fixed because it seems like a great read.
Yes, it was definitely an intriguing story. Thanks for reading and commenting!
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

The cover looks scary to me, but I must the story looks interesting according to your review. I'd check it out. Thanks for an awesome review.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Just the title of this book has discouraged me. I don't like horror novel. But your review is appreciated. Weldone.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Micah_1 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 12:42 The cover looks scary to me, but I must the story looks interesting according to your review. I'd check it out. Thanks for an awesome review.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 10:27 Just the title of this book has discouraged me. I don't like horror novel. But your review is appreciated. Weldone.
Thanks for reading and commenting!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This series seems to have good potential but the author needs to polish this novel, as it's even more important to make a good impression to convince readers to go on with its sequels. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”