Review of Descendants of Atlantis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of Descendants of Atlantis

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Descendants of Atlantis" by Kerry Boytzun.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Descendants of Atlantis by Kerry Boytzun is a story about the life and struggles of Janus Demur, an underworld reptilian who was born without psionics (a special mind ability reptilians and aliens have). By being different, Janus is disliked by almost everyone, including his very own father. Rather than wallow in self-pity, Janus invests his time learning to be a programmer and becomes the best hacker the earth has ever had. This skill eventually ends up getting him into trouble when he goes for a job and gets killed. However, he does not die, but his consciousness is transferred to an alien body. Will Janus be able to survive in a world where people want him dead, even in his new body? Will he uncover the trail of lies and deceit that led to his death? More importantly, how did he get transferred into another person's body? This is a book narrating the deception and lies that go on in a society where everyone is focused on themselves, and betrayal is commonplace.

One of the positive aspects of the book is the use of descriptive words to paint pictures. The author uses a large number of descriptive words to immerse the readers into the activities going on in the book.

Another positive aspect of this book is the use of suspense. There are a large number of twists and turns present within the book, which leaves the reader glued to it, wanting to find out how the story of Janus ends. This high level of suspense makes the book a fascinating read. The author positions the book in a fictional underworld, directly below the Earth's surface, but this fictional world edges into the real world. This is one of the positive aspects of the book. The author crosses back and forth across his fictional realm and the world as we know it.

The book did not contain any negative aspects. I loved everything about it. While reading this book, I observed a very low number of errors within it. This leads one to believe that this book was proofread by an individual with a deep understanding of the English Language. This book also contains a high number of profanities and vulgar words used by the characters in the book. Words like 'f*ck,' 'bitch,' 'asshole,' etc., appear on numerous occasions throughout the novel. If this doesn't appeal to you, then you can skip the book.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I rated this book high due to the aforementioned positive aspects and also because the novel is a very compelling read. I would recommend this book to all who are interested in fantasy and or in the existence of aliens. The book is better suited for a mature audience because it contains sex scenes.

Descendants of Atlantis
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I found this book very appealing based on your summary. Hackers and their abilities have always fascinated me. While profanity does not offend me, sex scenes usually do. Thanks for mentioning them.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

I got chills by just reading the first paragraph of this review. Great review. And yes, this is a book I would definitely add to my bookshelf.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

I learnt the importance of building one's self in various areas rather than dwelling on your weaknesses which will actually yield no result.Good job.
Kamano Kgaswane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kamano Kgaswane »

I got goosebumps from reading this review I'm like wow I would definitely buy this book.I love the fact that it talks about a hacker because I love they are very interesting.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, this book is going to be an interesting read. Wonderful review.
Salasa Aulia

Post by Salasa Aulia »

From the reviews that i read earlier, it is really very interesting to read this book, especially when it is presented with a plot that makes the readers feel the atmosphere given by this book. Huhh..., How interesting is this book
Last edited by Salasa Aulia on 22 Jul 2022, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
Salasa Aulia

Post by Salasa Aulia »

From the reviews that i read earlier, it is really very interesting to read this book, especially when it is presented with a plot that makes the readers feel the atmosphere given by this book. Huhh..., How interesting is this book
Fearnia Laurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearnia-laurel.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Fearnia Laurel »

This sounds like an interesting fantasy book, with a bit of technology element incorporated into it. The author seems to have done a great job writing it — using incredible suspense and creating immersive descriptions. I wonder what Janus has done that got him into trouble, and why would he be hunted again even after being transferred into another person's body. Thank you for the review.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Janus Demur sounds like a very strange and interesting character. The level of creativity of this book sounds exceptional. Thanks for the review.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

An underworld reptilian that is hated by his whole community including his family, is an interesting plot choice. I think this will be an interesting book to read. Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

A reptilian hacker who dies and reincarnates into an alien body is quite an original protagonist for a story that also contains twists that keep the readers' attention. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

According to your review, this book sounds interesting. I would really love to know what the underworld holds in the book. Great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”