Review of Slave of Atlantis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of Slave of Atlantis

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Slave of Atlantis" by Fenix Harper-Jones.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Driven by mad lust for revenge, with the gods seemingly by his side, a young Yunkai warrior must overcome extreme adversities, countless rapes, and bloody gladiatorial fights to pursue his one true ambition.

Slave of Atlantis is a tale of an abducted child from a village of fearsome warriors and his descent into slavery in Atlantis. Forged into a formidable warrior in the fighting pits, he aligned himself with another killer to destroy Atlantis and take vengeance on those who brought him pain. Would this be a suicide mission, or would they pull off this almost-impossible vendetta?

Storywise, I enjoyed every piece of this book. It flawlessly commanded my interest; I was fixated on it throughout the read. You wouldn't want to drop this story down for a second. It had entertainment, suspense, thrills, action, extremely high amounts of profanities, explicit sexual content, and violence. It should be made into a movie; it reminded me of Spartacus.

Fenix Harper-Jones can easily pass as one of my favorite writers because her wordplay is pleasing to read. Also, the way she writes many sentences and phrases makes the reading entertaining. Here are some examples: "He tried to smile, but those muscles in his face were rusty from disuse." "Suffering endured becomes strength." These sentences make her storytelling stylish and pleasing to read. Basic grammar and average words are vastly used; she also avoids technical language.

The most pleasing attribute of this story was the author's creativity. She reformed and compared Atlantis to the decaying Roman empire filled with violence and sex because their civilization was relatively more advanced than others. She created perfect pictures and scenarios with her vivid descriptions, making sure readers would find it relatively easy to be submerged in the book. Also, her sexual description would bode well with erotic fans. Her settings were top-notch, and the scenery was thoroughly detailed.

The characters were neither dull nor uninteresting. Most characters possessed something unique, and the author's ample descriptions were commendable, with the foul-mouthed female pirate, Krait, being my favorite. Also, character development was excellent, as well as her story pace and arrangements. This book's villain was described as fascinating and enticing, making the reader hungry for more details.

There was nothing to dislike about this book except the apparent fact that the editing was poorly done. Numerous errors were sighted in my course of reading. The errors were so bad that character names and places were often misspelled.

Considering my dissatisfaction with the editing, I'd give Slave of Atlantis a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I would highly recommend it to lovers of fictional stories and adventure. It should be strictly for mature readers, as there were explicit sex scenes.

Slave of Atlantis
View: on Bookshelves
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

This sounds like a book hot-blooded males wouldn't put down until they have ravaged all the lusty scenes and adrenaline pumping stations in the storyline.
It's more interesting to hear that the inferno of all those ideas was seething inside a female's brain....at least there we are on the same page without too much guesswork on this one, which makes it like an aphrodisiac for men . Definitely on my shelf it goes.
Last edited by CharlesC+Esq on 24 Jul 2022, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Thank you for mentioning the sex scenes. I am not a fan and avoid them if I am warned ahead of time. I feel badly for anyone who is kidnapped, especially those bound for horrific existences.
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

Whoa! I want to read this book because of the impossible mission but I don't want to read books with explicit sexual contents. Thanks for informing me.
Teresiah Wanjiku
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Teresiah Wanjiku »

Sounds like i book i wouldn't put down untill I'm through. It would also be more intresting if it was like a crime investigation of the kidnapped child. Adding more suspence and thrill. But overall sound like a book I'd read.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

I enjoyed reading books containing light romance. I don't enjoy those with explicit sexual content. Your review was excellent
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This is such an exciting book. Slavery is a harsh thing and the slave of Atlantis is a great person at heart to overcome all the challenges he experiences as a slave.
Poetic Justice
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

Incredible! This is a book that piques a lot of people's interests. To be able to endure all of the rigours of their servitude, the slave of Atlantis must be a particularly resilient individual.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

I have never heard of a Yunkai warrior. Seems this book has so much new stuff that I find intriguing. I must read this one.
Mon Aaa
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Mon Aaa »

This book is amazing This book makes you endure the rigors of slavery I don't like books with sexual content but I enjoyed excellent
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

My first impression of the book is that its eye-catching .However ,I would only read it because of the the writer's language ,just to learn one or two things on how to maintain a good flow of a story
Dyronda James James
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Dyronda James James »

This book is very interesting and inspiring I have quite finished the book yet but its jus that good I'm gonna continue on reading now chow.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

The more reviews I read about this, it makes me want to pick it up more and more. I don't mind the explicit sex scenes, especially if there's a great story behind it.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging novel that uses the legend of Atlantis to tell about ancient - and not so ancient... - practices based on a total lack of respect for human life, seen as a commodity to be exploited by the strongest. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”