Review of The Priestess of The Prisms

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Review of The Priestess of The Prisms

Post by Brett Linette »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Priestess of The Prisms" by Kristina Gardner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Priestess of the Prisms is a novel by Kristina Gardner. Chloe works at Ms. Chiles' antique shop. After a "customer" demands an item that isn't for sale, Ms. Chiles assigns Chloe to a new line of work. With a necklace that holds more power than she'll ever know, Chloe is up for the job. The "Nagheshy" used to rule the world. It's up to Chloe to stop history from repeating itself.

I love the setting. Ms. Chiles' antique shop was made out to be so pleasant that I found myself wanting to visit it. Even though the antique shop was said to be dark, it managed to light up my face. It's where Ms. Chiles and Chloe had some of their best conversations. I love when they discussed magic for the first time. Chloe initially addressed Ms. Chiles by her last name. When Chloe starts addressing Ms. Chiles by her first name, it's the most precious thing. I think it just goes to show how close they become over the course of the story.

Thanks to the abundance of details, the descriptions are great. When Chloe shops for Ms. Chiles, we're told exactly what it is that she buys for her. The herbs and oils were described so well that my mouth started watering. The author has a way of describing the movements. When Chloe stirs the magic pot, I could really visualize the magic bubbling inside of it. That may have been my favorite scene in the story. I found it to be so relaxing.

All things considered, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing that I didn't like about this book. I liked the characters. I even liked the villain. I liked his sense of style. Even though Chloe accused him of looking like he stepped out of a time machine, I liked the long coat and derby hat that he sported. That's just one of many great similes. I can't put into words just how great the similes are.

Because Ms. Chiles is always calling out to Chloe, a lot of her dialogue is written in what is known as "all caps." Seeing that the author capitalizes words where she sees fit, I won't mark any of these choices as "mistakes." As far as I'm concerned, the book is error-free. I like how the author capitalizes certain words to emphasize them. I think this makes the writing all the more fun to read. I'd recommend this book to those who want to go on an adventure; the magic makes for a great adventure.

The Priestess of The Prisms
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓮
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I really enjoy it when the authors are able to describe actions in such a way that the reader can visualize the action the characters make. Great review! It was well-written and well thought out.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

The setting, description, and review was excellent.
I enjoyed reading through this review.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

This review is amazing, but the book doesn't intrigue me. Thanks for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a novel that gets you immersed in the world of a normal girl who finds something that's far from normal and throws her into a world full of magic... and danger. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”