Review of The Last Sane Awoken I

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of The Last Sane Awoken I

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Last Sane Awoken I" by Stephany Barcomb.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Last Sane Awoken I by Stephany Barcomb began by exposing us to the atrocities committed by a woman named Eva, practically addressed as Mother. Dmitry, a necromancer, and his squad on a rescue mission arrived when all the villagers had been killed. Dmitry had to escape as she sought to strip him of his power and from the Black Mist Storm because he refused to join her in destroying the world.

Dmitry met Nora, captain of his squad, to inform her he couldn’t fight Mother alone and that they needed a Sane Awoken to end everything about Mother and her activities. They have to stop her from attacking another village. While they were at Malvado, Dmitry heard a call, like a cry, due west. In the call's direction, there is the insane Lord Lucius, a dragon who is also a necromancer. Will they be able to rescue the Awoken from Lucius Manor? What is the difference between a sane and an insane Awoken? Read this book to get answers to these questions and more.

First, the title of this book caught my attention. It is not the regular title that explains what the story is all about. Another aspect that attracted me was the pace at which the story was going. It was not rushed as it progressed accordingly. This kept me in suspense, and I could not wait for the next scene to be unveiled.

I understood the concept of synergy better while reading. Working together produces better and greater results. Also, when you have a goal, do everything necessary to achieve it. It encourages you to focus on your goals and avoid any form of distraction. You will also learn the skills and virtues needed to achieve them. For instance, even in scary and tough situations, Dmitry maintained self-control, which is very vital to getting a victory.

As humans with a conscience, one is expected to express emotions and empathy, especially for the Nagoyakin elf being tortured by Lucius. I found some errors in this book, which did not distract from my reading flow. Therefore, I did not find any reason to dislike it. Sometimes, I laughed, I cried, and I showed surprise at various characters.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys seeing supernatural abilities in action, as they will appreciate its content. I would also recommend it to any military personnel because they will learn some battle strategies. This piece deserves a rating of four out of four stars. I could not rate it less because it was engaging.

The Last Sane Awoken I
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

The title and the cover are stunning and together make a convincing argument for looking into it. Though the errors did not take away from your reading they are slightly off-putting. I think I will be adding this one to my to-be-read pile. Great review!
SirK_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirk.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by SirK_ »

Teamwork is of utmost importance in any endeavour. I can deduce that this book is full of lessons on how to overcome evil.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

The cover of this book gives off this mysterious vibe which I find interesting. I look forward to reading it because I'd really like to know the difference between a sane and insane awoken. Great review.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

I admired the effort they put together in fighting the evil woman, however, there is power in working together to achieve the desired goal.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

I admired the effort they put together in fighting the evil woman, however, there is power in working together to achieve the desired goal.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

Evil will always be on earth, but when good come together, evil will always be defeated. Nice review by the way.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book has an exciting storyline as it is a fantasy novel. I am still wondering if they were able to save the Awoken and eventually defeat Mother.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

I want to know why Eva wants to destroy the world. Based on the rating, it's evident that the book is professionally edited. Mind-blowing review.
Chikapeter+110
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikapeter-110.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chikapeter+110 »

What are the atrocities that was committed by Eva? Why does she have to include Dmitri in her evil plans? I need to read this book. Great review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Wow! This is a really interesting plot. I love the dark humor that I believe will be there. I think there will be a realms behind the craz activities of that woman.
Lawrence Chinedum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-chinedum.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lawrence Chinedum »

This review is captivating and intruiging. The storyline is exceptional and I love it. Can't wait to read this book. Adding it to my shelf ASAP.
Chrity Edwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrity-edwin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chrity Edwin »

I love this book. From your review, this would be interesting to read. And I can't wait to do so. I love that you were a ble to capture the general theme of this book .
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging dark fantasy / horror novel and I'm curious to see how anyone will be able to stop Eva / Mother from completing her ominous plan. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

This book has a sci-fi vibe which I love. It makes me want to read it next. Great review by the way.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”