Review of The Memory Room

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Review of The Memory Room

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Memory Room" by Marcy Meacham.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Memory Room is a book by Marcy Meacham. She was inspired to write this book because of her husband, who had developed Alzheimer's disease. There was an added twist of fantasy present in the book.

The book begins with Caity Howell, a college graduate who was a disciplined, determined, and vivacious girl, at Gregg's Grill to meet up with her friends Annie and Margaret to celebrate the end of their final exams. When she got to the restaurant, she found it hard to open the door. Fortunately, someone came to her aid. He effortlessly pushed the door open. She was awed by his handsomeness and captivating smile. She got to know his name as Steve Coleman. He was a college graduate too, and already had a job at an engineering firm. When she got inside, she discovered her friends hadn't arrived yet, so she reserved seats and patiently waited for them. Soon enough, they arrived. Steve joined them at their table, and they had a good time. He went ahead to ask Caity for her phone number. That was where their beautiful relationship commenced. They were mesmerized by each other, so it wasn't long before they started dating. They got engaged, got married, and had kids. Unfortunately, Steve developed Alzheimer's disease, and that changed the state of things in their family. How would Caity handle this situation? I'll recommend this book to you if you'd like to find out.

There were outstanding attributes present in this book. The storyline was simple to follow, without any tiresome scenes. There was a fluid flow of information, as everything went accordingly, without any clutter of ideas that might be upsetting to readers. This book made me emotional, as I was moved to tears by the gesture of the Coleman and Howell family and friends. I admired how they took out their time to participate in a scavenger hunt so that Caity and Steve's engagement party would be a success. This greatly emphasized the importance of friends and family in times of need. The questions they asked each other on their first date were insightful. If you plan to go on a date and you want to get to know someone deeply but you're clueless about what questions to ask, you could use their date questions. I'm happy to rate The Memory Room a perfect score of four out of four stars because I enjoyed every bit of it.

Although there was not much to dislike about the book, some readers might wonder how feasible it is to meet a stranger and fall in love with him on the same day. Nonetheless, it isn't something that can't happen. I loved the impeccable editing of the book, as I remarked no errors.

I'll recommend The Memory Room to readers who love well-written and fast-paced books inspired by true-life events with a little bit of fantasy embedded in them. Readers who have someone close to them suffering from Alzheimer's disease would find solace in reading this book.

The Memory Room
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Isaac Oh »

I love that this book was simple to follow. I can begin to imagine how that date went. I can't wait to grab a copy of this book to get the full details. This was a lovely review. Kudos!
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

I sense a hint of love in this book. From the review, I could wonder if it is an abstract representation of how the author met her husband. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Marcy001
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marcy001 »

Thank you for this review it was such a pleasant surprise. Writing became a past time for me during a most stressful point of my life. Thank you so much.
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

This must be a very good book. I was moved by the way how things changed for the happy couple when the husband contracted Alzheimer’s diseases. I wonna know how they handled that situation. Thanks for the excellent review.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I can already tell this book is going to be heartbreaking. I could imagine going through this, especially since the story was inspired by the author's life.
it is what it is ....
Am Eso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-am-eso.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Am Eso »

I love love and since the author wrote from her own experience I believe it's going to be like taking a trip to the past. I'm definitely going to grab a copy. Your description is very intriguing.Nice review.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Imagining how Caity feels after Steve developed the Alzheimer's disease is indeed heartbreaking . This book made me feel emotional and I would sure add it to my to read list.
Great review.
Radhika Nair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-nair.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Radhika Nair »

Sounds like a beautiful, painful, bittersweet book. It doesn't seem too upsetting though, so I might read it. Thank you for your insightful remarks.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This sounds like a terrific story of love, disease, memory, and more with a fantasy flavor, all mixed together. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

The book seems to encapsulate both romance and dealing with a disease. Good review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”