Review of Primal Instinct

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Primal Instinct

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Primal Instinct" by Minerva Hart.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Molly Martin, the chief of the geneticists in Gaia Corporation, was a "transit," as they were called, in his middle age, who had witnessed the flood that ruined humanity. His wife had left him and their son, Freddie, when she chose to die. Twenty-four years old Freddie grew up with his dad being his only parent. Ten years ago, Freddie's DNA was spliced, making him not completely human but something in-between a human and a fish, something he called a freak. Freddie worked with his father in the geneticist department. They were considered middle-class citizens who worked for the elites in exchange for housing and food. Life was a dull routine until a sea creature was captured in the waters one night. It is a creature that would change the routine of humanity in the nearest future. This creature did not see Freddie as a freak. This mermaid was subjected to the selfish desires of a greedy elite, causing Freddie to rebel against the system that brought him up. It is a rebellion that was not fostered by greedy primal instincts. But there could be more to this.

Primal Instinct By Minerva Hart is a science fiction set in 2099. Freddie was already fed up with the system the Bluebloods had set up at twenty-four. It is a system that favors only the elites, leaving the poor and low-class marauding the polluted waste. While some made it to the top, like Travis, others were made to feed on their crumbs. Primal Instinct by Minerva Hart is a novel that gives a unique sense of living. It reflects a situation where the poor have to cower behind the rich, with their primal instinct being survival. This is a system where scavenging was the order of the day, and justice was a term long abolished in place of money and power.

I love the awesome reflection of society in this story. Interestingly, Primal Instinct by Minerva Hart was written as a tragic fairytale. It is not a fairytale of fascination and awe but a fairytale with a hungry predator as the princess, a greedy elite as the dragon, and a freak as the savior. I like that the story was not written in mysticism but on a realistic basis. It gave a literal expression of hope, friendship, and honesty. I loved this about the book.

I found only a few errors in my reading process, clearly stating that the book was well edited. Every word had a clear expression of action, emotion, and feeling. The descriptive features in the book were a perfect blend of the novel. I rate this book four out of four stars, given that I did not find any aspect of it negative.

I recommend Primal Instinct by Minerva Hart to readers who enjoy science fiction books on societal revolution. It would also serve as a good read on societal revolution.

Primal Instinct
View: on Bookshelves
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

Sounds like a very interesting story. It definitely has its unique points. And the fact that it didn't have a lot of mistakes makes it better to read. Great review.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Wow! What a story. The fact that it’s a fairytale adds to the drama, a futuristic one at that. It is a shame that those with money only seem to want more and are not interested inn helping their fellow man who isn’t as fortunate.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

This is such a weird blend of genres but judging by your review, it seems it was well-executed. I might have to pick this uo out of sheer curiosity.
it is what it is ....

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”