Review of Jarzen Tadel Echoes of Peace

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of Jarzen Tadel Echoes of Peace

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jarzen Tadel Echoes of Peace" by Robert Jacobi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is amazing how human beings strive to assemble a safe society for everyone. To realize this, nations get into alliances to help fight atrocities that may come their way. Despite these efforts, others will get into syndicates to avert such endeavors and advance individual interests. Leaders must provide guidance and counsel to have a habitable world.

This novel begins with Codor experimenting on Jarzen. He asks to be unhooked due to an incoming direct ion storm but is ignored by Codor. The subject, at this point, has two brains. When the storm hits, Codor’s team is convinced that Jarzen is dead. An autopsy in the dissection lab revealed Jarzen was still alive.

Jarzen’s new form possesses colossal powers. He neutralized everybody at the lab trying to stop him and caused massive annihilation when armed soldiers tried to stop him. He also couldn’t ignore the voice in his head saying, “Jarzen, come to the Semtrek Mountain.” What’s the rationale behind the directive? Will Jarzen find a way to control the now-discovered abilities to thwart further destruction in anything he touches? Can anyone stop Emarc’s aggression towards other planets? What role does QUANTES play in Jarzen’s life?

Jarzen Tadel Echoes of Peace by Robert Jacobi is one of the most detailed sci-fi novels I have read. It took time to conclude reading it. I loved how the author delineates the subconscious mind. Through Jarzen, Jacobi envisaged a limitless side of the brain possessing incredible abilities. Jarzen needed to focus his mind on doing anything. By deactivating the conscious part of the brain, he could navigate through any amount of pain or pressure without confronting its consequences. It was creative to introduce QUANTES to the fray. The latter played a quintessential role in explaining the abilities of Double E and Triple E. I surmise his counsel was necessary to overcome the crises faced by Elapsis. It was a well-thought-out idea to clamp Jarzen to a family. While this didn’t inform all of his decisions, it guided him on many occasions.

This novel also focused on the political aspect of life. The Federation High Council has self-serving individuals, such as Councilor Trevin. It was wonderful to experience such an individual weeded out of the system. Democracy is the spine of any society that determines tranquility. The same applied to the novel: people exercised their democratic rights by choosing leaders. Mia is one female character elected to lead the Federation.

My major criticism of this book is its voluminous capacity. I had to take multiple breaks to complete it. I felt splitting it into two volumes would have reduced the boredom accruing due to several hours of reading. The main characters were well developed. However, the deployment of multiple characters lowered my enjoyment of this novel. The glossary provided at the end of the book makes up for this, however. The dialogues were too long in some instances. It would have been more appealing to make them short and precise. These issues, plus the grammatical errors flagged, drove me to deduct a star from the book’s rating. It deserves three out of four stars. The errors didn’t interfere with the flow of this book. I’d encourage the author to correct the formatting of some sentences that appear as paragraphs. It would be an injustice to award this novel a lower score due to its top-notch creativity and the relevant issues presented.

I recommend Jarzen Tadel Echoes of Peace to people who like science fiction. If you love books centered on the solar system and time travel adventures, consider grabbing a copy of this book.

Jarzen Tadel Echoes of Peace
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really like science fiction novels, but they are all basically the same, kind of like a Hallmark movie. Someone or something is experimented on, they end up with unusual powers that temporarily go wrong, in the end everything is OK. Nevertheless, I will read it.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I agree with you Amy. I hope you'll find this one spellbinding. The plot will interest you, considering your preference.

Thank you always stopping by
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel has some classic science fiction elements with the addition of a strong political element. I hope the author does some "polishing" to make it excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”