Review of The Coma Compound

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of The Coma Compound

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Coma Compound" by Craig Bailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Craig Bailey's book, The Coma Compound, science fiction is written. It describes the effort to address the nation's prison crisis. As implied by the name, a compound housed unconscious inmates. They were in this state to make room and land for other crucial objectives. The backdrop of this narrative is the aftermath of a mysterious fire outbreak that led to the mass awakening of the thirteen million fugitives in the coma compound and ruined Portland's tranquillity.

So many prisons in the USA were out of necessity, which made President Hardy, the president of America in the year 2046, seek a lasting solution to the prison crisis. Rebecca, a prison warden and an old friend of the president, brought up her idea. According to her, the patients were to be in a state of coma until the time was appointed for them to leave. The opinion was accepted and established, although initially rejected by the president. All the prisoners were placed in a medically induced coma and stored in thirteen-story buildings, with one million inmates per building. A fire outbreak was caused by confident kids who celebrated America's independence day by throwing fireworks. The fire destroyed the power plant supporting the coma, and all the prisoners awoke. This state of emergency prompted the president to arrange for military men to alleviate the mayhem. How will this problem be solved?

The Coma compound was a fantastic read. I enjoyed every single detail. I must commend the intellectual prowess of the author. His ability to think this out and make it look like a story that happened was captivating. I was fascinated by the new technological inventions that kept coming out. Necessity is the mother of invention. Since the country was on the verge of absolute destruction, Rebecca had to be technologically astute. She was my favourite character. With her resilience and resolve, she never let the mistakes of the first coma compound weigh her down. Rather, she used her failures as a motivation for excellence. The soldiers were also courageous, giving the war everything they had to enhance the citizens' security. Even those who have lost their lives are still considered heroes.

The book cover is admirable. The book's colour, title, and absence of excessive design made the book even more attractive. The writer's choice of words must also be commended. The book was adequately proofread and evaluated. The writer also avoided ambiguous words and used simpler words, making the book easier to understand. Each chapter was concise, straight to the point, adventurous, and enjoyable. I wouldn't say I liked the excessive use of profane words. Some words were used profusely, making comprehension tedious for average readers who aren't conversant with them. It was exceptionally edited. I didn't spot errors while reading.

I strongly recommend this book for leaders who are in crisis and have their subjects in unfavourable conditions. I also recommend the book to current or aspiring scientists. There's a lot of information inside. I'll give this book four out of four stars. It was intriguing and incredible. I don't see any reason to rate it lower.

The Coma Compound
View: on Bookshelves
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

The title of this book came with a pause. I love the storyline especially about leadership crisis which is a pressing issues. I can't wait to get the full story. Thanks for the amazing review.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I think the first thing which drew my attention is the fact that the book contains no errors. The storyline is great. However, this doesn't fall into a genre of books I enjoy.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

The author was able to think outside the box to create this masterpiece. I can imagine how the citizens would when they hear that prisoners are on the loose. This was a well-written review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I think the idea of having prisoners in medically induced comas until they awoke is not a good one. I look forward to knowing how the military would coordinate the awoken prisoners. Interesting review.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

The idea of keeping prisoners in a state of coma is shocking as well as fascinating. More is when the prisoners wake up by accident. I can not wait to read the full book. It is very captivating and I am sur e that it is filled with suspense. Thanks for an interesting and inviting review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Wow, the plotline of this book sounds absurd but intriguing. I wonder what those prisoners will do when they awake. I'd like to read this book. Great review
James Nicholas75
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-nicholas75.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by James Nicholas75 »

Your review of this book is informative and insightful. I think I also like the character, Rebecca. Her tenacity and conviction, which helped her to hold on when her first idea failed, are commendable and inspirational. The storyline is captivating; I may have to consider reading it.
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

This book sounds a bit like the movie "Demolition Man", but on a much larger scale. I wonder if any of the prisoners are " good guys"? I will have to look into this book.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

I agree with you, the intellectual prowess of the author has to be commended. The storyline is really intriguing and one of a kind. Great review.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Irrespective of the fact that this is not my kind of book, the book seems very engaging based on the review. I will also to note the positive aspects makes it more captivating. Nice job.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

A book about possible future inventions.This book is a must-read for me because I'd like to learn about those inventions in 2046. Thank you for your review.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

I can't wait to read about the havoc these prisoners caused once they were released. Seems like an interesting read.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I really like when an author uses ingenuity when creating advanced technology in a science fiction setting. I like the cover as well and I'm interested to see the reason you enjoy Rebbeca's character. Great review.
it is what it is ....
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

Great review! I look forward to reading this book soon!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”