Review of HALE

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of HALE

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "HALE" by JK Noble.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hale, a sixteen-year-old boy, has escaped from his abductor, Bayo. He had lost both his parents and his sister. Bayo betrayed him as well. He realizes that Bayo's intentions toward him were not entirely pure and that everything he thought he knew about his family was a lie. Much is expected of him in this magical world he has found himself in. Hale is a Griffin with a supernatural ability that has the power to either fix or destroy the world. He and his two friends, Evan and River, have a dangerous mission to complete. Only time will tell if their mission will be completed as they encounter various magical creatures on their journey, including woodland demons, banshees, witches, and other beastly creatures.

The book, HALE, a fantasy and magical tale by JK Noble, depicts the struggle for dominance and power. Everyone dreads the brutal king of the Griffins, Bayo. He is a Griffin clan elder who has lived for ages and accumulated wealth and power that many people fear. Hale must not be used by him as a means of achieving his objective. The narrative takes us to a mystical realm where we experience numerous amazing events. The story's use of magic gave me the impression that I was actually in the center of the action. The issue of loss and its impact on a person's being, which Hale experiences, is depicted in the book. Because of his low self-esteem and recent loss, he starts to experience insecurity. He had various difficulties that were challenging to get through because of his insecurity. Readers will feel a wide spectrum of emotions as they go through Hale's periods of anguish in this novel. I cried as I observed how arduously he was working to move past his tragedy and make amends. Readers can sense Hale's weaknesses and struggle with accepting who he is, which makes his character believable.

The book's portrayal of Hale and his pals' cooperation is what I find most endearing. They supported one another as they entered these enchanted worlds and were ready to risk their lives for one another. I was inspired by their resolve to persevere in the face of adversity. As I envisioned their horrific encounters with numerous deadly beasts, my heart was thumping in my chest. I feared the worst and prayed that they would survive. I didn't know how much Noble's distinctive writing style had drawn me into this fantastical universe until I turned the last page. The author breathed life into the book, and as each scene unfolds, it will be felt by the reader.

The book's abundance of characters caused me to lose track of who they were, which was something I disliked about the book. I found it off-putting that there were so many distinct points of view for different characters in the book that I had to go back and read them again to understand their importance in the plot and how they were connected to the other characters. Additionally, the climax of the novel, in my opinion, was a little hurried, which confused me and left me with more questions than answers. Thus, I rate the book three out of four stars. Regardless, I enjoyed the story and the powerful themes it explored.

The book is professionally edited. I discovered a few errors in it. I recommend this intriguing novel to lovers of epic fantasy and myths. This is a book that will take them to a state of euphoria. I look forward to the next installment of this book.

HALE
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for the wonderful review. The authors development of Hale and exploration of his emotions and feelings in relation to events sounds perfect, while setting them in a magical fantasy world may make it less scary for teens experiencing similar loss to process their own feelings.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

After escaping from the feared elder and his abductor, Bayo, Hale has his work cut out for him in trying to take him down while battling his own insecurities. I’d like to see Hale come out of everything stronger and better.
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

The plot is interestingly explained, and I was attracted to Hail's supernatural ability. I also don't like much character in a book like this. Great review!
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

I found the explanation of the narrative to be amusing, and I was drawn to Hail's paranormal talent. In a book like this, I also don't like many of the characters. fantastic review
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This book sounds interesting and your review is well-detailed I would like to read this book nice review.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

The storyline sounds interesting but the characters are not well developed. I'm not a fan of fantasy and myth. Fascinating review, great job
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Although the plot sounds intriguing, the characters lack depth. Myth and fantasy don't appeal to me. Interesting review, good work.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book's plot seems thriling to me. Although I don't like reading magical books but your review have created a thirst in me that must be quenched. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This is a fantastic read. I can relate with the young boy's challenges it is too difficult to survive in this present time without the help of your parents. Good job.
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

Hela passed through a lot in this book. He faced life without the help of his parents. As they say, life is not fair. But what can we do. You fight every challenge that comes your way. Good job.
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

Fantasy and magical books can be relaxing measures for readers and this review shows that this book isn't an exception. Would love to read this book over time.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I must commend you on this review. Also, from the summary I perceived that the book will be captivating and appealing. I will give it a try to understand the full story concerning Hale. Good job.
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

This book promises a rollercoaster of adventure. I wish Hale a d his friends will be able to complete their mission. Great review you have here.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s got to be hard to face such betrayal at such a young age. At least Hale has his friends, Evan and River to help. I hope they are good to him all the way through. I’m glad you only found a few errors.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”