Review of Kin's Quest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Cameron
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-cameron.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Review of Kin's Quest

Post by Stephanie Cameron »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kin's Quest" by Ron Root.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kin's Quest by Ron Root draws you into the amazing fantasy world of Graal, where an unsuspecting orphan named Gresham learns of his magic ability. After being found by his uncle Jerak, Gresham travels to Suzerain to train to become a battle mage. He hopes to earn magus status in order to have a higher social standing in society to provide a better life for his pregnant wife Rayna. With Rayna secretly being highborn, Gresham is desperate to prove himself worthy of her, especially when others doubt him. The couple embarks on a long and dangerous journey when Rayna receives a map of her missing mother's whereabouts. The map was a possession of the One Church; now they are after the pair to retrieve the map before anyone can decipher it.

This is the second book of the Tales of Graal. I thought the summary of the first book, in the beginning, was helpful. This novel can definitely stand on its own if you haven't read the first. I enjoyed the mid-evil theme and speech. The author did a great job portraying the world of Graal with detailed descriptions, maps, and character development. All the different characters were easy to keep organized and I thought they all added to the story perfectly. Hagley was one of my favorite characters because I related to his personality the most. He added humorous moments with his mix of fear and the thrill of adventure. I also enjoyed the brotherly type friendship between Hagley and Gresham. Draper was another character I liked because he brought a lot of mystery to the story. It was fun trying to guess what his true intention was.

I have nothing negative to say about this book. It kept my interest throughout the story so much I did not want it to end. Root made it intriguing with the scandals and suspense while incorporating the value of friends and family.

I rate Kin's Quest a 4 out of 4. The book was edited very well. I only came across one error. I look forward to reading more tales of Graal and finding out the fate of the One Church.

I would suggest all fans of fantasy read this novel. The plot is intricate and full of adventure. It describes a world full of magic, mysterious other worlds, and creatures, some of which can eat magic. There are small amounts of sexual content and profanity.

Kin's Quest
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
O-Brian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-o-brian.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by O-Brian »

The cover and title are catchy and rightly insinuate a world of magic and adventure, with lots of fighting! Social status is quite a motivator to work hard, in Graal as it is on Earth. I would like to know what the deal is with that map makes One Church (doesn't sound like a church) so paranoid. Thanks for the recommendation.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thanks for the great review. This sounds like a wonderful magical world with a great adventure. I’ll be adding this to my bookshelf.
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

Nice job! This sounds like an interesting book!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s hard for me to understand how one partner in a relationship can feel unworthy of the other. The “better” partner would not have chosen the other if they felt that way.
Lisa Park17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-park17.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Lisa Park17 »

The first thing that drew my attention to this book was the book cover. It is colorful and appealing to the eyes. When I saw "quest" in the book title what instantly came to mind was "adventure" and I love anything adventure! I'm enthusiastic to follow the characters through the world of magic.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

Based on the rating, it is evident that the book is interesting and amazing. Another amazing feature is that this review is well-detailed. Captivating review.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific novel full of adventure based on magic and strange creatures. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

An amazing fantasy story book "Kin's Quest" by Ron Root, which follows an orphan named Gresham, who learns of his magic ability. This book looks entertaining to read.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I like the cover of the book but found the narrative too complex for my taste, probably also since I am not too much into fantasy. I do like the idea of giving a summary of book 1, to either refresh memory or give the setting for readers not having read it.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing science fiction fantasy novel highlighting societal rank, magic, adventure, danger, family, secrecy, growth, and suspense. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This does sound like an interesting and intriguing book. But, alas, I am not a fan of fantasy novels! It also sounds like there is plenty of action to keep the reader interested! Thanks for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Uo_presh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Uo_presh »

I have always loved adventure stories so coming in contact with this I must say is amazing. The cover and the short review is top notch the author and review writer did an excellent job.
Jenna Floyd
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-floyd.html
Latest Review: Murder Rides a Gale Force Wind by Yvonne Maximchuk

Post by Jenna Floyd »

It sounds like an exciting story. I appreciate you pointing out that this is the second in a series but that it can stand alone. It sounds like there are a lot of well-crafted characters. Thanks for your helpful review!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 91201
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1877%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📖 of the day BOTD is sci-fi fantasy and a stand alone novel if you haven't read the first book by Ron Roots this is a tale of gaal so intruinged the world of grasham he learns of his magic abilities he was found by his uncle he was forced to travel to look for better life and care for his pregnant wife .Gresham and Ryan quest to find his lost kin they found this lost mysterious man that gave them a clue of were their kin was I like how Ron Roots made the story so intruinged, scandalous and suspenful while he incorporated family and friends value the character made the book so colorful .it was well written and reviewed I will recommend it 💯✅

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”