Review of Rebirth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Rebirth

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rebirth" by Tony Horan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine you die one day and then reincarnate as someone else more powerful. What would you do with the newly found powers? Would you use them to fight the bad guys or utilize them for your gain? In Rebirth, Stephen Bailey experiences a life-changing enigma!

Stephen is a successful physicist and inventor of science stuff. Married to his soul mate, Paula, they are blessed with a daughter. Typical of his work, he meets with his investors to update them on the progress and inventions in his company. However, his latest discovery might render Saudi Arabia’s predominant source of income jobless.

The Saudi Arabian royal family gets involved and kills Paula and their daughter before framing Stephen for the murder. Bailey gets the electric chair but reincarnates as a person with massive body strength and impressive anatomical changes. What happens next for Stephen after he assumes a new identity?

I enjoyed how the author did not waste time trying to give detailed descriptions of the powers and such. He moves on to more pressing issues, and before we know it, we’re learning more about the Saudi Arabian royal family. In a world full of nightclubs and fun, Tony Horan introduces us to the no-drinking traditional life of Libya, given the strict Muslim ethics.

I loved how the author took the book to different continents: the United States, the United Kingdom, Africa, and the Middle East. We learn how Saudi Arabian men treat their women differently from those on other continents. In the Middle East, women are not to wear miniskirts or hold corporate jobs like engineering, CEO, etc.

After reading some details in the book, I realized that we should not take peace for granted. I liked how David Bailey was there for his son, Stephen, during the traumatic events leading to his execution. While no one else wanted to be involved with him, his father remained steadfast and on his side. Would you be there for your child when things went south for them? That’s food for thought.

I pinpointed no reason to detest the book. Further, I detected no errors. As such, it is exceptionally edited. I rate Rebirth by Tony Horan 5 out of 5 stars. I encountered lots of flashbacks I thought were meaningless until I continued through and connected the dots. I loved the intermarriage romantic histories dating back to the 1960s. I recommend the work to lovers of books packed with physics, fantasy, family, and social diversity.

Rebirth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A sci-fi that talks about the story of how Stephen was reincarnated into someone else more powerful after his wife and daughter were killed and he was framed for the murders. The author did not waste time by giving unnecessary detail. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book. Nice review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Oh, this book sounds amazing with a unique twist. I don't think I have ever read a book like this and I can't even imagine the emotional rollercoasters that Stephen had to go through! I hope and believe every parent would keep standing by their child, although I know our world is not perfect. Well done on a great review!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The book that took to other continents like America, and Africa; countries like the UK, and the Middle East sounds fascinating. And the book talks about the culture of the Middle East is what I like to know. Great review!
ArdentPeruser
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ardentperuser.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by ArdentPeruser »

I have read some stories with reincarnation themes in mangas, manhwas, and webtoons. Reincarnation stories are popular among readers. I am hooked on this kind of story, as I am curious about how the protagonists of each stories will live their next lives :techie-studyinggray:
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

I've always fantasized what it would be like to possess supernatural powers. I hope to do a lot of good with it. I guess things don't always go the way we anticipate.
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

The book sounds interesting. The whole story with the reincarnation and and more power. I want to know what Stephen will do with his new self. Considering his betrayal and condemnation, I so want to know how things pan out.
Geraldokeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geraldokeke.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Geraldokeke »

Everyone has a fantasy of getting superpowers once in a while and this book seems perfect to tap into that headspace. Nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This plot is impossible, but that’s why I enjoy science fiction so much. I don’t believe in reincarnation, however, something, such as what happened to Stephen would be fantastic.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Oh, nice... I love the whole storyline of this book. It must have been hard for Stephen, how do your wife and daughter get killed, and within a blink of an eye, you have to die for what u know nothing about and haven't even begun healing from?
I'll love to read this one. Thanks for the amazing review.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

The Saudi Arabian's were so cruel to have killed Paula and her daughter. They still went ahead to frame and kill Stephen. The notion of reincarnation is a fantasy, and not really realistic. But I admire that the author developed this concept well.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

A sci-fi, novel that talks about reincarnation wow this novel is truly masterpiece. l feel sorry for Stephen, who is a successful physicist but out of jealousy, his family, was taken from him by those Saudi Arabian royal family. this novel is one of the best thoroughly.perfect review!
kcollins14
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcollins14.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kcollins14 »

I like how you described the plot in the beginning, with the idea of being reincarnated into a stronger, superpowered being. SOunds like a cool read!
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

Reading about the Saudi Arabian culture through storytelling sounds compelling. The themes in the book are ones I enjoy reading about. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

This is a story that starts like a comic superhero adventure and then explores different themes ranging from science to social issues. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”