Review of Christmas on Planet Earth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3048
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Review of Christmas on Planet Earth

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christmas on Planet Earth" by Mike Corbin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Pix is nineteen and loves working at the orphanage where she has been living ever since she was young. She adores the children she serves and is best known in town for how she decorates the home during Christmas. Trouble is brewing, though, and the orphanage will need more resources than they have ever imagined or thought possible to deal with an imminent threat. A real estate magnate, Ralph Normandy, wants the property the orphanage stands on and will do anything to get it.

Christmas on Planet Earth by Mike Corbin is part science fiction and part fantasy. It comprises several themes interwoven to create a masterpiece. The world-building is slow at first, but it is still fascinating. The book brings Christmas to life and shows the inexplicable joys that the season can bring. There are humorous scenes as well. For example, Pix uses the transmutation device to sneak into a certain office and take something there. You will find out more when you read the book.

The enemy is more nefarious than anyone could imagine, revealing the worst that some are willing to do to accomplish their selfish interests. It makes the reader wonder whether the protagonists will thwart the schemes of the villains. If they could not detect some weapons near them, could they detect others that could be located anywhere on the planet? Fortunately, such darkness makes virtuous deeds shine brighter.

One of the aspects that I liked most about the book is the number of turns and twists that it contains. They generate a lot of suspense that keeps one turning page after page to know more. Another enjoyable aspect was witnessing the acts that made the kids at the orphanage happy. Santa Claus touches one of the children’s hearts by giving him a framed photo of his parents, who had died in an auto accident when he was 6. On top of being enthralling, the book is also thought-provoking, as it comprises some enlightening dialogues. Additionally, these realistic, engaging dialogues make it easy to be inside the story.

The only aspect I did not like was the huge number of errors. Due to these errors, I rate this book three out of five stars. Another round of editing will guarantee this book a perfect rating. Anyone who loves Christmas will enjoy reading this book. It is more suitable for teens and young adults, though. Christmas is here, and there could be no better time than now to read this book or gift a copy to someone.

Christmas on Planet Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

wow! nice one the themes used in the play is truly indeed fascinating that is why the author should be commended for these masterpieces. Excellent
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

I already feel giddy at the title. Looks like some outer-worldly beings are coming to earth to do Christmas. That must not be good.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Growing up, I always wished the stories of Santa was real... Like imagine that little one receiving such emotional gift of his parents from Santa... I can't help but wonder why they have to be wicked foes trying to wreck our world.
Nice review, I enjoyed reading it as it provoked my thoughts to think.
kcollins14
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcollins14.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kcollins14 »

Sounds like a cute story. I liked how you summarized the book, made me wonder what could possibly go wrong when everyone seems so happy. I do wonder how the fantasy element comes in as it sounds fairly slice of life. Curious how it will go into Santa and devices like, as you mentioned, transmutations devices
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

When a book is ladden with twists and turns, alongside suspenseful events, it is worth reading. I can say that this book is worth reading.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The plot of this seems overworked. Who hasn’t read a book or seen a movie about villains causing problems at Christmastime? This does have an element of science fiction, thoug, so that’s a bit different.
Victor Ayub Migos
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

Although this novel is mainly fictional, I can't help but feel sad at how relatable it is to the real world we live in. Daily, we have to deal with immoral, mean, and selfish human beings such as Ralph Normandy. These are the kind of people who will do anything to get what they want without caring how it will affect others. Nice review, keep up.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Christmas stories tend to be cheesy with an effect opposite of the intended, so I'm always cautious about reading them but this story's plot makes me curious. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”