Review of Camberforge War

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of Camberforge War

Post by Jane Ogwang »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Camberforge War" by Mike Connor.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tension, fear, anger, and anxiety filled the air in the build-up to a war like no other, the Camberforge War. Facing a mortal and human enemy is tricky; now imagine facing a monster that could regenerate and has a vendetta against you. This wasn't just imagination for Jack and his team; their worst enemy, Vikotor, was in Cabbington and ready to do what it took to get what he wanted: absolute dominance and power.

Max, Jack's close buddy, does not realize it, but he holds power inside him that could make Vikotor ruler over all of the earth with just a touch. However, after a few of Vikotor's antics, it becomes clear to him and his friends that he is Vikotor's primary target. So they devise plans and strategies to keep off Vikotor's lane, but they know this cannot work. Sooner or later, they will have to face off fiercely with the werewolf, Vikotor. Mr. McKinney had previously gotten insights into this face-off and had built a robot with unique abilities to help Jack and his team fight this monster. Unfortunately, their first attempt fails when Jack drowns in a lake, but he gets a second chance from heaven to complete his mission with a new set of instructions, weapons, angels, and robot helpers. So how will he fair against this seemingly impossible-to-beat opponent? Grab your copy of the book Camberforge War by Mike Connor to find out.

This story was written expertly and in a creative, imaginative, and entertaining manner. It was well-thought-out and flowed chronologically, making it easy to follow. In addition, the author had a way with his words that made descriptions of scenes, characters, and sceneries quite vivid. The chapter that describes the actual war between Jack and his allies against Vikotor and Bellaris was epic. It is up there as one of the most incredible fight descriptions I've ever read. I was glued throughout and couldn't put the book down. The action was intense and nerve-racking. My favorite character was Kinro, the robot. Again, it was because of the incredible manner the author described his personality and even physical appearance. An old-looking yet robust robot with a heart of gold is a character everyone would fall in love with. Redbeam's touch of arrogance and humor was also something I enjoyed.

Mike also uses language that is simple and easy to comprehend. This simplicity and the book's favorable length improved my reading experience. I also enjoyed the occasional suspense in the story. The four riddles Jack was given as conditions for return were a perfect example. They gave me a reason to keep flipping the pages and continued unfolding until the last scene of the war. I could not find anything negative to point out about the book.

I gladly give this book a perfect rating of five out of five stars. It was entertaining and enjoyable to read. It also was professionally edited, as I only noticed a few typos. I'd recommend it to all lovers of fiction books. This is a top-shelf one that they surely must read.

Camberforge War
View: on Bookshelves
Kurtis Bleakley
Currently Reading: The Landmark Thucydides
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kurtis-bleakley.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kurtis Bleakley »

I like your description of the book, it makes the story very clear in my mind.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

This story was written expertly in a creative, imaginative, and entertaining manner. It was well through-out chronologically, making it easy to follow. Great review.
Giovana Arévalo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giovana-ar-valo.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Giovana Arévalo »

A werewolf that wants to conquer the world? That's unexpected but creative. Great review, thank you.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

Lovely narrative. Vikotor's beastly and fierce nature is well understood and I'm given the vibes of an agile team working to prevent the end of the world and their friend. The book cover would not be ignored. It certainly gives the cold feeling and draws me closer to reading this book. Nice review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A human, a robot, and a werewolf. It might sound like the beginning of a joke but it seems like an engaging story with interesting characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Mr_rabbit
Currently Reading: Oathbringer
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-rabbit.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Mr_rabbit »

A werewolf, a second chance from heaven, and mysterious powers sound intriguing. I might give it a try. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”