Review of Order of the Dragonfly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Order of the Dragonfly

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Order of the Dragonfly" by Dr. Anthony John Toledo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Order of the Dragonfly by Dr. Anthony John Toledo is a fiction novel centered around John Paul and his associates' fight against the Order of the Dragonfly cult group.

After the Great War in Terra, Dormin, the lizard king of the Order of the Dragonfly, became the supreme ruler. He introduced the spiritual alchemy trilogy, and other religions were relegated to the background. John Paul was a police officer. While performing his duties, he came across a scuffle between a mother and some men who were attempting to kidnap her child. He attacked the individuals who identified themselves as IBF special agents. The woman told him about the various kidnappings that had occurred in that area. When he requested assistance, he was told to free the men since they were IBF agents who were making an arrest in connection with a case. He attacked the special agents to prevent them from taking the child and got terminated because of that. He came across a bookstore, where an old man gave him the book of light. He got a job as a private investigator. One day, a woman entered his office and asked him to assist her in locating her kidnapped child. He was brought back to the encounter between the woman and the IBF agents. He did extensive research with the aid of his friends and learned that the members of the Order of the Dragonfly were carrying out sinister acts on the kids. He collaborated with Agent Michaels to dismantle the cult. Will they be successful? Will Dormin be taken down? Read this book to find out.
As a Christian, I found this book quite enlightening, as there were things to pick from it. This book talked about the importance of the Bible. The book of light served as a guide. It comforted and kept John Paul company throughout his stay in prison. I also liked the Bible verses that were found at the end of each chapter. The actions of the black hawks and white knights were commendable. They took it upon themselves to put an end to the cult group and share the book of light.

Despite the positive aspects, there were also some negative aspects. It was challenging for me to find my way around this book because there was no table of contents. Also, it was written in the first-person narrative, and occasionally, I lost track of whose point of view I was reading from.

Due to the reasons stated above, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It had a unique storyline. It was amazingly well-edited, as I did not spot any errors. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy books containing action. I also recommend it to Christians, as there are things to learn.

Order of the Dragonfly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Yetunde omodesire Oladejo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yetunde omodesire Oladejo »

Getting to know about this story it tells a lot about been observant and also much of Christian way which I know for sure taking to one of those chapters reading of the bible will be useful if once give understanding about the story, I so much love the book so am going to give a 9 of 10 among all Christian books I have read
OsezeleP
Currently Reading:

Post by OsezeleP »

Ayo Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ayo Peter »

😘☺️☺️🔥
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by Meghan Sica »

The details in this review are interesting and gives me better insight into what this book entails. I like that you included the fact that this book appears to have a religious standpoint and that it references biblical passages.
Tiffany Maartens

Post by Tiffany Maartens »

The title is a real eye catcher and the book gives off an exciting feeling. A person can really be sucked into the book waiting to see what will happen next and how it will all play out.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”