Review of Crimson Aria

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Elkana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Review of Crimson Aria

Post by Grace Elkana »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crimson Aria" by Fyra B Ginn.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Crimson Aria by Fyra B Ginn is a suspenseful and action-filled book about a young lady who survives a terrible accident unscathed with a group of schoolmates—Connor, Joy, Seth, and Justin. Together, they discover that they have powers due to the accident caused by the "Omega" fire. Questions arise when their powers awaken, and they soon discover that unknown men are tailing them. This leads them to leave everything they have ever known to get answers and escape the clutches of unknown players who seek to control their newfound powers. Along the line, they come across other mythical creatures like them. Will these creatures become friends or foes?

One great thing about this book is how Fyra B Ginn develops his characters. We see Officer Ryan with his loyalty to Tyrus, Dr. Wills with her serious and intelligent character, Joy with her warm heart, and Julius with his ego. Connor and Julius always seem to get on each other's nerves but will have each other's back at any time. However, Nix is the most intriguing and weirdest character in the book. She is also my best. Even with the betrayal and hurt from her past experiences, she isn't scared to love again and doesn't hesitate to show compassion toward those who need it. Ann also is an outstanding character. She is a determined, brave, and resolute person who adapts to new powers and new information about her life.

What I liked most about this book was the plot. Just as it seemed like I knew who had orchestrated the "Omega" fire and my curiosity had been quenched, new characters and evidence surfaced. I liked how Fyra kept me on my feet, ever guessing who the perpetrator was.

Another thing I liked was the action initiated by Fyra. It was a relatively fast-paced book filled with humor and activities of individuals with abilities. Crimson Aria was action-packed and filled with twists and turns. The characters and their powers were terrific; the author made imagining them while reading exciting. I also liked how the author was able to spice the storyline with romance, even with a lot of chaos going on. I was excited. I would like to know more about a few characters. Therefore, I'd eagerly await a sequel.

I couldn't find anything to dislike about the book. However, the ending was rushed and could have been handled better. Nonetheless, it didn't take away from the excellence of the writing. This book's editing was professionally done. Fyra's plot made for an exciting read. I'd rate Crimson Aria a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars. I'd recommend it to individuals interested in suspense, adventure, and paranormal books.

Crimson Aria
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

We’ve all got to be ready for the unexpected. We never know when it will come, of course that’s what makes it unexpected. The friends, Connor, Joy, Seth, and Justin, handled it well.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

The characters you describe sound interesting and like a group of personalities that work well together. The humans-who-have-a-super-power genre is still going strong!
AnaCarter
Favorite Book: Julu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by AnaCarter »

oo! this sounds so good! great review!
parabola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by parabola »

This book is amazing I believe the mythical creatures they met on their way would be foes why cause they are of same kind and things of same kind would be jealous on themselves
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

Navigating newfound powers and at the same time running from danger. These schoolmates (and the readers too :D ) are in for an interesting journey.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel uses the classic theme of people acquiring superpowers to create a suspenseful story that also contains some humor. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”