Review of Renaissance: Primordium Book Two

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Review of Renaissance: Primordium Book Two

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Renaissance: Primordium Book Two" by William E. Mason.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The debacle of our origins, how we came to be, and the unresolved science of space and time have always been nice inspirations for great novels. A mixture of these particular concepts didn’t fail to amaze me as usual. The research done to write the novel, using African creation folklore and scene, is also applauded.

In this book, which is a sequel to a previous book, William E. Mason constructed a time variance puzzle that brings the reader into a journey of solving the puzzle of how things came to be and how things will seem to play out. I recommend reading the prequel to this book if one is to have a complete and wholesome experience of this book.

Renaissance: Primordium Book Two talks about a powerful spaceship whose AI became self-aware and lost the initial purpose for which it was created. Trying to correct its mistake, it shuttles through space and time, interacting with certain individuals who are prerequisites to the continuation of the timeline it so desperately needs to sustain for self-preservation of itself and humans in general.

The book had some positive aspects. The book tries to bring its reader into the mysteries of time travel and the world of genetics. These concepts were combined to give the reader a feeling of shuttling through the past and future of an already existing and fixed timeline in which a future is set and in which the protagonist tries to alter his fate as well save the fate of the human specie. I enjoyed the way the timeline was reconciled even after all efforts by the protagonist to alter it to his good at first, bringing about variances that should have altered the timeline, invariably dooming humans. This novel teaches us to fight and have hope, even if all seems bleak. It teaches us to make a way when there seems to be no way.

The book is a good read, from the plot to its execution. While the book contained a few errors, it was professionally edited. Also, I loved everything about this book. There were no negative aspects. This leads to me giving the book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The book delivered in creativity and its ability to enthrall its reader into its world, leaving them hungry for another sequel.

I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction. This book is a must-read. I believe there will be a third book, and it won’t fail to amaze me.

Renaissance: Primordium Book Two
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The first books seemed like an interesting novel that mixes paleoanthropology and science fiction. This sequel seems to continue on the same path offering more positive impressions. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

This book seems to be interesting. It does not fall under the categories of books I enjoy so I cannot certainly say that I will read the book. I would recommend it to other people though.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

This seems to be the book two. I would have to read the first book in the series. According to the reviewer, I will be able to enjoy the book so much more if I read the first book before this one. Thank you for this lovely review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”