Review of Wall Triana

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Review of Wall Triana

Post by Jay David Randall »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wall Triana" by Daniel L Draffen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Wall Triana: An Epic Journey to the Edge of Forever by Daniel L. Draffen is a science fiction book that talks about the story of Jerome and his journey to the edge of the Northern Realm. In this novel, Jerome is on a quest to contact aliens on the other side of the wall.

The novel begins with Jerome in Triana, a 16-year-old gay boy in love with his childhood friend Gene. Everything was going well with them until they were caught by Jerome's dad and exposed to the people of Triana. Jerome's dad sent him to a Two-North psychiatric hospital, where he was maltreated and molested for being gay; meanwhile, Gene's fate was doomed. Lucky for Jerome, his uncle Raymond came to his rescue and took care of him. It was there that his mission was assigned to him. Jerome was sent on an expedition to contact alien life far off in the north, at the edge of the Northern Realm. Would his mission be successful? What is life like beyond the Wall Triana Highway of the Northern Realm? Find out more when you grab a copy of the novel Wall Triana: An Epic Journey to the Edge of Forever by Daniel L. Draffen.

What I loved most about this novel was the message the author was passing on to the readers, according to Mother Theresa: "If you judge someone, you have no time to love them." This was the case for Jerome and other LGBTQ individuals. Beyond different sexual orientations, these individuals are still humans and deserve to be treated with love and respect. The author also referred to this other variety of humans, including those of different skin colors, and said that when we judge people because their perspectives differ from ours, we deny them the opportunity to express the nature of true love within them.

What I disliked about this book was that the novel did not elicit any strong emotions from me despite the author's effort to do so. I felt the love between Jerome and Gene to be unreal. I had the feeling that their love was mistaken for infatuation or mere lust for each other. The same was the case for Theo, Jerome's second lover after Gene. Another point that I disliked about this novel is the fact that the people of Triana had a sudden change of heart. There was no solid reason for a change of heart among the people of Triana after the grievous act they committed against Gene. I believe whatever they did was their norm, and an incident like that cannot be the reason for a sudden change of heart.

I would give this novel a rating of 3 out of 5 stars because the novel could not elicit an emotional response from me and there were some plots in the novel that I disliked. I would also state that this novel has been professionally edited because I encountered grammatical errors while reading it.

I would recommend this novel to lovers of science fiction, adventure, and action genres, as these are the themes employed in the novel by the author Daniel L. Draffen. I would also recommend this novel to individuals with a specific sexual orientation (LGBTQ), as the novel is solely about LGBTQ people.

Wall Triana
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

Whilst this book doesn't contain errors, the storyline doesn't seem great. And your review states that the book did not elicit any strong emotions. This will make it difficult to connect or relate with the characters.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I would love to read this book. Your description is interesting. I'm a lover of adventure stories. Thanks for your recommendation.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

This is an interesting story line. I wonder why Jerome’s dad was heartless enough to treat his own son in such a manner just because of his sexuality. And I wonder if Gene will be okay. But most interesting is how the author plans to introduce aliens to this plot. Love to see it.
Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odhiambo-obedi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Writes »

I love books like this. There is a reason and a lesson for the story to be told. Accepting one as they are, maybe if Jerome's dad accepted him for him the story would have been different.
Sword Adil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sword Adil »

It is very interesting story ! Public it is ful of joy and thunders! I like frightend stories just like it.i recommand all public to see this tory and enjoy weel tjanku!
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

The book seems interesting. I am very eager to read it. Thanks for the wonderful review!
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

I wonder why everything was different when being discovered for Jerome and Gene. This is an interesting storyline and the book left me with many questions I cannot wait to answer.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I’m not a fan of books like this so I think I’ll pass. What’s the mission given to Jerome and why? Was he successful? It will be good to know. Your review is well written.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Wow... why would Jerome be in a quest to contact aliens... I'd love to know what awaits him beyond the North wall. I enjoyed reading your review, it highlighted a lot of adventure. Congrats on being BOTD!
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Wow... why would Jerome be in a quest to contact aliens... I'd love to know what awaits him beyond the North wall. I enjoyed reading your review, it highlighted a lot of adventure.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

According to the review, Jerome and Gene suffered greatly simply for being gay, which was natural. It sounds moving to read about the abuse they experienced in this book. To find out how their lives turned out, especially Jerome's, who embarked on a voyage to the northern realm, I would love to read this book.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Your review is well-detailed, I feel for Jerome and I hope he succeeds in his quest.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Nice review, we'll structures and written. I love how you narrate the story to capture that attention of readers. Adding the book to my shelf ASAP
Precious Anavheoba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

The plot dies not cause me to be interested in the book. I support your reasons for reducing the stars. I agree that people should not be mistreated or physically battered because something in them is found to be strange. I believe dialogue can elicit positive change if what is strange in them is considered to be bad or abominable. However, I'll pass on this book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”