Review of Culver City

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Review of Culver City

Post by Emeka Emordi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Culver City" by Brant Vickers.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The devil, our enemy, is prowling and looking for the soul he will devour.

Cassady and Kyle are two friends that enjoy adventures. On the afternoon of the summer of 1963, they sneak into the MGM Backslot 2. Backslot is a place where movies and TV Shows are produced. Their discovery in this magnificent section of Culver City made them invite a couple of their friends to play games; they do this at night. One day, as they entered Backslot 2 with their friends to play games as usual, they witnessed an unusual apparition; they saw a beautiful lady wrapped in a blue cloud, and they got hooked on the scene and her beauty. After they confirmed they were the only ones that saw this apparition, they decided to go back and find out if it was real or magical. Their encounters afterwards proved to be more than they expected, and they never remained the same. What did they encounter? How did it change their lives? The answer and more can only be unravelled from this book, Culver City, by Brant Vickers.

Everyone that cares needs to read this novel. This world is spiritual, and we must see it as one. I learned deeper lessons from this book as I read through it. The kingdom of darkness is recruiting more souls, and the gimmick they are using is to lure young people into believing they can have whatever they think they can have and have it for eternity. They appeal to their greed and lust. They use big grammar and complex phenomena to bamboozle the insensitive ones. They got them addicted and made them believe nothing could be compared to such a feeling. They suck them gradually without knowing what's happening until the situation becomes irreparable.

Kyle is such an insensitive guy that he falls in love with Scarlett (doppelganger), a character in a movie set in the Backslot. I like Cassady for his curiosity and maturity. He is the type that always finds a reason for whatever he is doing. He will ask questions until he understands. This personality really helped him a lot in this book. Also, I like the relationship that eventually blossomed between him and Brie Ann; it is actually divine. I like the character of Ms Rigby too. She is such an incredible woman that's ready to assist at any instance. 

The book is fast-paced, relatable and exciting. The suspense in it is so killing that I grew impatient to get to the end of the book. And at the end, I was glad I endured through; the ending made so much sense, and it was unexpected. I like that the author did not waste time on excessive description. The characters are well-developed without any ambiguity. I enjoyed the information I learnt about movies like Tarzan, Romeo and Juliet, and others.

There is nothing to dislike about this book; the message is subtle and very deep. I enjoyed my moment with it. I found a few errors which made the book professionally edited. Due to my earlier appraisal, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to young people that like to read about paranormal experiences. I believe they will enjoy the content of this book. Also, if you want a decent coming-of-age book, you will find Culver City exciting.

This book shows that reading and researching the right materials will answer our confusion and prevent us from the claws of opportunists.

Culver City
View: on Bookshelves
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I like that this book is fast paced. I dislike books that are drawn out unnecessary. It makes me lose interest. However, the message of this book will not appeal to everyone.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

I am so much in love with your review. As a religious person, I have fallen in love with the story. I will definitely add it to my shelf to read later. I got so excited about the apparation and can't wait to devour the book. Your review tells me that the book is well executed.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really like the curiosity and adventuresome spirit that Casado and Kyle display at the beginning of the book. Others are right, thi won’t appeal to everyone.
Rani Nur Azizah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rani Nur Azizah »

this book is very interesting to read, this book also tells about the adventures of two friends who find out about the appearance of a beautiful woman who can change their lives
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

This book sounds like a panoramic experience. What could casady and Kyle have seen? How did they handle it? I am curious.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

We need to truly be careful the occurrences this time. The message the author is trying to pass is truly subtle. I am curious as to what cassady a d Kyle witnessed.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I feel like I want to know more about what they experienced on getting back. I like the suspense and the character development. I should read this book.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

This book sounds interesting but my best characters in this book are Cassady and Kyle. I must say that this is the kind of friends anyone will like to get.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I can relate to the story Cassady and Kyle. I have a friend like that when I was small. I will love to read this book to know more of these guys. Good job.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

What a unique friendship that existed between Cassady and Kyle. Life in general can't be sweet without a quality friend. I love your review, I will be reading this book. Good job.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

Among everything you wrote in this review what I enjoyed most is the relationship between Cassady and Kyle. I think they should be my number one reason why I should pick the book. Good job.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

There seem to be a spiritual underlying to this book. The review is making me keen to know what the unusual apparition is and why it changed their lives. Well done reviewer.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I'm curious already to find out what they encountered. Thanks for the review.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

One of the book's most impressive features is the suspense the author has created. The suspense is so intense that it will leave you wanting more, and you'll be impatient to get to the end of the book to find out what happens. The ending of the book is worth the wait, and it will make perfect sense, leaving you satisfied and impressed. Good review.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”