Review of The Adventures of Jimmy Crikey: Jade, the Youngest Ever Witch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of The Adventures of Jimmy Crikey: Jade, the Youngest Ever Witch

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Adventures of Jimmy Crikey: Jade, the Youngest Ever Witch" by Wallace E Briggs.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jimmy is back once again helping his friends save their world. This time, Jimmy is helping Jade complete her remaining training to become a witch. Jade must complete a series of tests before she’s granted entry into the coven. Whilst this is going on, many things threaten to disturb the lives of the residents of Roombelow and Lithnia. The walls and roofs in Lithnia are falling apart for some unknown reason. It’s now up to Jimmy and Jade to figure out what’s causing this and put a stop to it. Will they be able to work it out? And will Jade pass her training and become a fully qualified guardian? The Adventures of Jimmy Crikey: Jade, the Youngest Ever Witch by Wallace E Briggs, will take readers on an adventure.

After having read and reviewed the first book in this series, I had high expectations of going into this one. I can happily say that this book has lived up to those expectations. The story is filled with action and adventure from the very first page. One of the things that I loved most about the book was seeing the friendship between Jimmy and Jade develop. As I was reading, I felt like I was there with the characters exploring their world.

It was fun to see how the friends navigated through each challenge that was thrown at them. My favourite part of the book would have to be when Jimmy and Jade were fighting the beetles. Every character in this book is lovable and so it’s hard for me to pick just one. However, if I had to pick one character, my favourite would be Jimmy because I love how he is willing to support his friends without a second thought.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. My attention was on the book from the start to the end. I think the book conveys the message that you should never judge someone based on how they look and instead accept everyone for who they are. In the story, a few characters assumed Jade was a weak witch because she was a small child.

Overall, I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I believe it truly deserves this. I only found 2 mistakes, so it is professionally edited. I recommend this book to children aged between 9-13 who love reading books that take them on a journey. Despite being in a series, this book can be read as a standalone.

The Adventures of Jimmy Crikey: Jade, the Youngest Ever Witch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I love adventures books. I'm curious to know how jade would reach to becoming the witch despite the challenge at hand Jimmy and jade had to sort out first. Looking forward to reading the book. Thanks for an impeccable review!
Deborah Campion
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-campion.html
Latest Review: Bone Necklace by Julia Sullivan

Post by Deborah Campion »

I like the way the reviewer pitched the descriptions to a YA who might read the review. I myself have a hard time doing that. The book sounds good and I *may* read it. I'm personally not ready yet to read YA.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”