Review of Sealed In Silence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Review of Sealed In Silence

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sealed In Silence" by Desareé Daný Armand.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sealed in Silence by Dasareé Daný Armand is a fantasy book with romance elements that show the effects of denial and how much parental issues affect their children.

The story revolves around the life of Emily Bartlett and her relationship with her male best friend, Alex Coleman. Emily is a grade school teacher who is independent and content with her life. The story's turning point is when her best friend of over a decade, Alex, confesses his love to her. His confusion makes her a ball of nerves and confusion. The extra information he reveals pushes her to do something out of character that leads her into a coma. After a while, a creature allows her to return. However, she will be forced to face her denial or risk death permanently. Will Emily face the truth before it is too late? This book tells it all.

The book's title is a subtle acknowledgment of the two main characters' lives. Emily's feelings are sealed in silence by her denial of what is in front of her, and Alex's friendship with her isn't as tell-all as he thinks because she hides many details from him.

The book cover could have been designed better. Though I understood the elements in it because I read the book, the cover could easily be a turn-off for someone who hadn't read it. It would be worse if it were someone who would judge a book by its cover. If I were not writing a review of this book, I wouldn't have picked it up because of its cover.

Beyond the book's cover, I liked every other thing about the book. I liked the characters, their reactions to the happenings in their life, the creature, and the fantasy element it possessed. Even though it was fantasy fiction, the level of humanity shown made it much more relatable.

The different points of view used in the narrative drew me closer to the characters. The story switched from Emily's point of view to Allie's and then Alex's in a way that made the transition smooth and easy for readers to know who was speaking.

This book is a fun, sad, and fantastic read. Although there are a few errors, the editing is professional. Regardless of the minor concern about the book's cover, I rate Sealed in Silence 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to fantasy and romance lovers who want an easy read without minding being scared a little.

Sealed In Silence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Pendulum Charts Contact Your Angelic Team by Raven Shamballa

Post by Michael Valentine »

I wonder if Emily was able to face the truth or not. I would love to learn all that this book entails. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I want to know if Emily did what had to be done. I will add this book to my shelf because I find the plot to be thrilling. Great review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This book has an interesting story line that will be worth reading. Thank you for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about this novel despite some engaging elements because romance is not my thing and it seems targeted to young adults. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”