Review of WTF! The Chase

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of WTF! The Chase

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "WTF! The Chase" by Marc Longcor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

WTF! The Chase by Marc Longcor is a science fiction book. It is an interesting piece on spaceships and time travel. This is a story about Stone Kelly and his teammates, who embark on different journeys at different lifetimes. Stone and his friends, among other people, tried to fix what they believed was spoilt by Dr. Pantera, who is a doctor and scientist, and Alien 13 in their time. In their bid to undo the evil done by a villain, different powers took them to different times, where they encountered life-threatening time challenges. Will they eventually conquer, or will they all die fighting? The predominant themes in this book are war, survival, heroism, and death.

This book has a couple of positive aspects. It is an interesting book. I enjoyed reading it. The book told a good story to an extent. I liked the characters. They played their roles quite well. I liked the German gods the most. I liked how Kate was open about how she felt toward Stone and Ylva. This is because of how very detailed the book is.

The book was well illustrated and explained. I liked the fights, wars, and how they played out. Every detail was captured, and I loved that. I liked the unique display of romance shown in the book at different times. I learned a lot about science and its powers. I also understood the part science plays in time travel. They were quite complex, but I got an idea of it all. This shows how much effort the author put into passing his message across.

This book has two negative aspects. First, as much as this book was interesting and fun to read, I can’t say I got where the book was headed. I didn’t exactly get the point of the whole time travelling and all. From the book, it was to capture and kill the doctor, and 13. However, it deviated from that to another aim. I still did not get the reason for the missions, even to the end of the book. Giving a more apparent intention of the story, and flowing through the travels serially, would be helpful for a better understanding of the storyline. Secondly, I did not like how unnecessarily long the 14th chapter of this book was. Also, there were some chapters that were way too short. The long chapters could have just been divided among the short ones.

I didn’t find any errors while I read this book. Therefore, this book was exceptionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I gave this book this rating mainly because of the negative aspects stated. Asides from that, I enjoyed every other thing about this book.

I recommend this book to lovers of science, science fiction, and the avengers series.

WTF! The Chase
View: on Bookshelves
Jenart Garcia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jenart Garcia »

This book is very helpful specially to those parents having trouble sleeping. I found this book very detailed concerning all the issues and dilemmas.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I will like to try this book, it sounds interesting. Thanks for your review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

Will they all die? A question I need an answer to. I enjoyed reading your review, well done.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out, this seems like an engaging novel with some interesting themes included. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”