Review of Collision Course

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of Collision Course

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Collision Course" by Alan D. Zimm.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The science fiction novel Collision Course is about planets, spacecraft, and aliens. Corporate Captain Manchez, in charge of the bulk cargo shuttle Ajax, was at the beginning of the narrative as it was about to return from an urgent delivery. He began driving quickly as he daydreamed about going on a date with his crush and felt the urge to arrive quickly, which caused the spaceship to overheat and crash. Mike is not a Misplaced-4-Planet native. Due to a medical ineligibility, he was recently grounded. He purchased the Ajax ship that crashed because he wanted to live and work on the Misplaced-4 planet, and the planet was unable to fix it. Will his business succeed in an environment where Tevil's corporation strives to undermine every business owner's efforts through onerous dues and taxes?

Other Vakkers (members of the space flight crew), Diana and Tarak, a married couple, oversee their spaceship, Prosperity. They are traveling to Misplaced-4 to sell a rock they were fortunate enough to find that contained chromium. Until they were attacked by 25 boarders with four arms and three legs who turned out to be aliens, it was the most searched rock on Misplaced-4. Diana remained on the spacecraft when Tarak was seized by the aliens. Will she succeed in selling the rock? Why are these aliens here?

This book was well-written by Alan Zimm. Indeed, the sci-fi genre is why I chose this book. Really speaking, the genre—that is, the one about space—can be challenging to grasp at first due to the vocabulary and methods of communication. Yet, with patience and focus, one might comprehend the settings. I appreciate how the book was written from a third-person perspective, and I also like how each character had a chapter to introduce themselves and what was going on in their lives at the time. There were many interesting people there, such as the employees of the Tevil Corporation, who by collecting excessive amounts of taxes made life tough for the inhabitants of their planet. Ghost is another one, a fascinating tiny child who assisted Mike in growing his company. In this book, he is my favorite character. He is incredibly intelligent. Because of this, no one could truly turn him in, despite a price being placed on his head for anyone who could. For those who come across him, he is helpful.

LaMancha, the Ajax ship Organic, was another comical figure for me. According to this story's depiction of how they function, the organic is like the ship's framework. They converse in a nearly human manner. In essence, they are highly intelligent systems that resemble cutting-edge computer systems. LaMancha's communication style is astonishing, giving the impression that he is a special organic. On page 163, when he was telling Mike that he needed children, the part that made me laugh was when he then tried to pair up Mike with a stunning professor named Ella, for whom Mike seemed to have a thing. There are far more characters with various behavioral tendencies than I could ever enumerate. That's what I admire most about the author's writing style. There was variety in the tone.

I just have a few complaints about this book. It's fairly long. Moreover, the beginning was quite confusing and dull. I wish the author had begun by describing the many planets and how they function. However, despite this, I still find the book enjoyable. I give this a score of 5 out of 5. Many mistakes were also made. Thus, a professional edited it.

I'll suggest this to readers who enjoy science fiction. It is better suited for those who have a basic understanding of how a spaceship operates. It will improve their comprehension.

Collision Course
View: on Bookshelves
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

Your review always impress me so much. But then, I really didn't feel the vibes of this book though. I am sure it's going to impress alot of readers.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

The first part of the review got me wondering why Manchez who was on an important assignment could in the process start daydreaming about his crush. That led to an unwanted event, "a crash". In reality, this thing happens termed distractions. I just learned about an important person. Nice review!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

After the spaceship crash did Manchez survive? Did he still meet with his crush? These are the answers I will like to find out. Nice review.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

I really don't enjoy long sci-fi books to be precise, only ones with exceptions. This book seem to have a variety of characters who own spaceships. I wonder what time in the future this book represents.
Declan Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-declan-shelby.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Declan Shelby »

Stories about planets and the solar system events and all the drama that takes place in them are always nice to read. It brings this joy.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Recently, I've been reading books about aliens and outer space, and I will definitely read this.i would like to know if Mike's ship got fixed. Thanks for the review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Books about Aliens and space and space ships can sometimes be overwhelming. The reader needs utmost attention and concentration in order to really follow up. This one seems to be quite overwhelming but interesting.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I like good novels about aliens because they require such imagination from the author, however a book that starts by being confusing and dull as described in this review might not be for me.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

Funny how Captain Manchez crashed a cargo shuttle because of a fantasy. Reading your review has given me a good impression about the book. I am optimistic this book will be entertaining and insightful.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Funny how Captain Manchez crashed a cargo shuttle because of a fantasy. Reading your review has given me a good impression about the book. I am optimistic this book will be entertaining and insightful.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I'm into books with this kind of plot but I'm sure other readers will find it interesting. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”