Review of Centaurius: Into the Fracas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Centaurius: Into the Fracas

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Centaurius: Into the Fracas" by SJ McGarry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Following the crash of their ship, Nella the Princess Warrior must continue her trek on foot to her great-grandmother's castle, where she will begin her training and be fully equipped to save the universe from damnation. She must track down the human fighter who lives on Earth, the mirror galaxy to her own. I-PERM, the human fighter who was supposed to be a part of her crew, had a lost relic that was supposed to aid in avoiding the collision of the Milky Way and the Andromeda Galaxies and thereby prevent catastrophic devastation of the universe. This second installment takes readers back to the previous installment of the book, when Zennibar was sent to Napix for attempting to topple the current regime. He is aware of the prophecy foretold by the Centuarius Book of Twenty and is determined to thwart it. Following his exile, he joins forces with the Duke of the Legion of Demons to prevent Nella, the Princess Warrior, from fully realizing her powers and achieving her goal. The princess and her crew must fight the forces that oppose their objective, but it appears that the darker battalions have won the upper hand. Will the forces of darkness triumph over the forces of good? Read this fascinating story to find out.

SJ McGarry's novel Centaurius: Into the Fracas portrays the fight between opposing forces, good and evil, the quest for power, and remarkable perseverance in the drive to save the cosmos from impending destruction. When reading this book, underlying mysteries are revealed and utilized to repel the opposing force's bombardment. The book emphasizes interesting facts about the world that readers may find educational. The tale demonstrates that it requires a strong will and determination to withstand temptations that could seduce even the purest of hearts. This was demonstrated when Nella was able to resist Abigor's temptation, her worst foe. Despite her initial lack of interest in defending the universe, the rising evil seen in both universes forced her to assume responsibility as the Princess Warrior, demonstrating the importance of meeting personal commitments.

The author's use of words in expressing circumstances is what I love the most about the novel; her lexicon is distinct. Another part of the book that I appreciate is how the author cleverly conveys educational truths through the dissemination of useful information. Though the book appears to be merely for entertainment and relaxation, it teaches a lot about our planets and galaxies, even if most of them are not credible. The book's special effects, such as the mind probe and shape-shifting, were intriguing.

The passage of time was the aspect of the novel that I didn't like. It was impossible to know what time of day it was unless it was compared to the length of time on Earth. Because of certain events that occurred, time was a significant component in the narrative. Hours, minutes, and seconds were not uniformly measured or expressed in the term chosen by the author to compute the time. Another aspect of the novel that I didn't like was the arrangement of the characters; they all appeared at the same time, and if the reader didn't pay close attention to each role and of the characters, the reader would mistake one character for another.

There is only one inaccuracy in the book, indicating that it was professionally edited. Although the book is highly enjoyable, I'll give it four out of five stars due to the aforementioned flaws. I urge that readers read the first installment of this book for better comprehension, and I recommend this book to fans of sci-fi adventure and paranormal amusement.

Centaurius: Into the Fracas
View: on Bookshelves
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Your review was beautifully written, and it really gave an insight of the book, but this is not the type of books I read so I'll give this a pass. Thanks for the review.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

Your review is so detailed it and very supensful. You really do enjoy book like this. Strong will and determination is everything needed to succeed. Thanks for the amazing work.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

Your review is quite detailed. The cover of this book is first of all attractive. Although I am not pleased with the non clarity of time and the arrangement of the characters.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

Your review was clear though the flaws you mentioned on the inability to know the passage of time, is one that hinder comprehension for me. But it was a good review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Just by reading this review, I already want to read the book. The plot is very unique and full of fantasy. I hope the warrior princess gets to save the world, and eradicate evil.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

This book sounds promising. Despite the flaws mentioned, I would still love to add this book to my shelf. Great review and well done.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

I hope the forces of darkness never triumph! I am not sure if this book is a stand-alone, but I do appreciate that it takes readers back to the previous book, as it might give extra information. I also feel that the negative elements (the time and uniformity in the characters) might make the book too tedious for me.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I think the book will be an interesting one. I might consider reading the book. Beautiful review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is some interesting sci-fi book. I’m not a huge fan of books that has to do with space and galaxy. So, I’ll pass. Your review is well written!
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I'm not a fan of sci-fi books so I think I will pass. This book will go well for lovers of science fiction and technology. Thanks for the well-arranged review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book has an interesting plot and I like the book plot. Although I am not a fan of sci-fi books, but I like the idea behind the book's plot. Well done!!!
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I am a lover of science fiction, and the title of the novel Centaurius reminds me of an Earth-like planet Proxima Centaurius B. I also would love to know the adventure of Nelle and how she said the Earth from Damnation. Great review!
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Hansome Menekara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansome-menekara.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Hansome Menekara »

Very detailed review. It gives much insightful information on the book. Well done
Sorina Casapu
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Sorina Casapu »

💞🤗nice

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”