Review of Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Review of Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin" by Andri E. Elia.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After recovering Yildiz from the stasis pod in which he was caged for three hundred years, he is left with scars and nightmares from his torment and suffering. Stardust, Yanara's mother, who believed that Yildiz was her long-lost lover, Yileen, stays by his side through all this but suddenly discovers a very grave scar on his stomach, which, to their surprise, just appeared on his stomach. They couldn't fathom the source of this grave scar, as he didn't have it when they retrieved his body from the stasis pod. This raises the question of whether Yildiz could truly be Yileen. On the other hand, Yanara and her son, Wolfpack, discover the presence of a silvery but beautiful stranger relegated to the dark part of an inn on their planet, Tuncay. Surprised, they try to question her to discover her origin, but the only response they got from her before her disappearance was that she was there in search of her mom and dad. Who could this girl, who had a striking resemblance to her husband, Frost, and her son, Snowfox, be? And will they cross paths with her again; as the pathfinder?

Worldmaker of Yand-Eltanin, Book 3: Worldmaker of Yand Trilogy by Andri E. Elia is a fictional sci-fi/fantasy book of 272 total pages. The author's descriptions were clear, vivid, and crisp, with illustrations that brought the characters to life; these descriptions enlivened the book. The author alternated between the past and the present smoothly and without confusion. I was able to share in the feelings of these characters; my eyes watered when they encountered difficulties, and I smiled, or rather, was filled with joy at their victories. I also like the fact that the author incorporated some form of humor in this piece, which kept me chuckling as I read on. The plot was fascinating, with enough twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat. I was captivated by the storyline and the lessons it contained. One thing that stuck with me was how the K'tuls were able to show some form of leniency and affection considering their inborn nature of guile and evil. 

Overall, the book contained a satisfactory amount of suspense that was able to keep the reader glued to the end. The author's effort in explaining some events in the previous Worldmaker series that led to the recent series is really applaudable; it made the plot easy to comprehend. Also, with this, the book can be read as a stand-alone. What I did not like about this book was how the illustrations didn't seem to match the pages they were on. Also, I did not like that Yanara treated her husband with less affection than her wife, Mandolen.

Despite the dislikes I listed, this book deserves a perfect five-star rating, though I discovered some errors while reading. I would gladly rate the book five out of five stars because of the captivating knowledge it contains.

I would recommend this book to fans of magic, sci-fi, and fantasy books. As this book doesn't contain any sexual material, it is appropriate for young adults.

Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Worldmaker of Yand-Eltanin, Book 3: Worldmaker of Yand Trilogy is an interesting science fiction thriller that portrays the life of the protagonist, Yanara. Am curious what fate has in store for her in this third series. I enjoyed reading the first and second installments of this book. I will add this to my TBR list.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I can't completely say I will enjoy reading this book. Well done.
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

The mention of the appropriate age range for the book is a helpful addition for anyone looking to give it as a gift.
I appreciate that you gave such a glowing recommendation despite some minor issues with the book. Your review has definitely convinced me to add this book to my reading list - thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

Great job on writing such an engaging review! You really brought the story to life with your descriptions. Your review makes me really interested in checking out this book - I love a good sci-fi/fantasy story. The way you describe the characters' emotions really speaks to the power of the author's writing.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

Your attention to detail in your review really shows how much you were invested in the story. I love how you pointed out the author's skill in alternating between past and present without causing confusion. The fact that this book can be read as a standalone is a huge plus - thanks for mentioning that.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

The fact that the book was able to keep you on the edge of your seat is a testament to the author's skill. I appreciate that you gave credit to the author for explaining events from previous books, as that can be a major hurdle for readers new to a series. Your review is very well-written and clearly shows your passion for the book.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I enjoyed how the review was able to hold my attention. This kind of book is what I love reading so much. It sounds captivating and appealing. Good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

That book is full of mystery because I can't imagine how someone can be caged for three hundred years. I will love to read it. Good job.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I confess I still have to read the first book of this series. Meanwhile, book 3 confirms the good impressions I had reading the reviews of the first two books, so feel a growing interest for this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This is an exciting and captivating work of fiction. I like that the author descriptively created the world and the characters. That they are well developed is a great feature of a good book that I like to read. I hope they cross path again.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

This is a classic I would love to read. The summary of the book as made me create an interest in the book. And I keep wondering if Yanara will cross path with this stranger girl again. It will be exciting to read.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

The plot of this book seems complicated. Story as this are not really my thing. I commend the author for coming up with stories like this. That the characters are well developed is a thing to applaud him for. Kudos!
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Main Readar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-main-readar.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Main Readar »

The story sounds fascinating and I like the mysterious element in the book. Specifically, the idea of someone being found out from a pod in which he's been caged for 300 years sounds enthralling.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

It's clear that you were engaged and invested in the book, given the wealth of information you were able to share. Your comments on the author's perspective and personal experiences were particularly interesting.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”