Review of Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melanie OneDay
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melanieoneday.html
Latest Review: See a Witch About a Curse by Loen Hussain

Re: Review of Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin

Post by Melanie OneDay »

This is such an attentive and descriptive review! I enjoyed the fact that you mentioned your own reactions to the book while you were reading it. I love reading books that can evoke strong emotions. That just means the author did an exceptional job! Upon reading your review, I might have to give this series a try. Well done!
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

The Worldmaker of Yand is a fantastic series filled with magic and wonder, with "Eltanin" being the thrilling third installment. The reader is held captive by its convoluted plot, which involves Yanara's mother, Stardust  harboring second thoughts about her long-lost lover Yileen and Yanara discovering a beautiful stranger who looks like her husband Frost. Thanks for your review.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

I admire the author's effort to create an independent story from the previously written series. Yanara made efforts to find the missing stranger and her identity. I am curious to know how successful her mission was. Congrats on BOTD.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Am never a lover of fiction novel, but I won't mind reading this, I would like to know who the girl was, and what was the outcome
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
shaan22sur
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by shaan22sur »

The review itself is very captivating, an honorable endeavor from the author on emotions and feelings of the characters in a sci-fi story. Its a definite reason which is making me eager to engage and look forward for author's viewpoint.
Michelle Joseph 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-joseph-2.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Michelle Joseph 2 »

I appreciate the detailed evaluation. Due to its complexity, science fiction generally gives me trouble, but after reading this insightful evaluation, it seems that this is different. I anticipate reading it since I can already tell that the plot is intriguing and compelling.
Sewabanks Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sewabanks-okoye.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sewabanks Okoye »

I appreciate how thorough this review is. I can tell from the review how magically rich the book is since I have a hard time picturing how someone could be imprisoned for three hundred years, and the magical element of the novel seems to be what I am most interested in. The author deserves praise for a fantastic plot as well as an attractive book cover.
NadiaBoateng
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadiaboateng.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by NadiaBoateng »

I commend you for acknowledging the author's effort in providing context for events that occurred in previous books, as this can present a significant challenge for readers who are not familiar with the series.
John Ikenwanze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-ikenwanze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by John Ikenwanze »

Sci-fi at its best. This book is a top-notch blend of the past and the future well infused to make a captivating story. Congratulations to the author on making BOTD. Thank you got the great review.
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by mark liu »

Sounds like an interesting book which, although out of my age range, would certainly make an interesting gift.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

An action packed, fast paced, non fiction novel that covers young adult fantasy.
Esther Ebis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Esther Ebis »

I am obsessed with sci-fi genre so it wasn’t a surprise that I finished & binged this book in one sitting. Dreams about dragons and superstitions 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 The author brought magic to life with its characters. Yanara is my favorite. This is the first book I’m reading in the series but I got a hold of what’s happening because it was so fluid and easy to grasp!

I enjoyed the book and I would love to hear and see more of Frost’s daughter. She’s fast becoming a second favorite.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Andri did a commendable job on the entire trilogy. The book will appeal highly to fans of sci-fi fantasy. I must commend your audience recommendation, as it was precise. You have written a great review, welldone. Congrats to the author on BOTD!
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Even if this third installment (in a series) can be read as stand alone, I'd rather read the first book first. Fans of mystery, science fiction, and fantasy will enjoy reading this book. The illustrations add to the charm of the setting of the story, and I like the detailed description of the characters' personality and background. Congratulations on the BOTD.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for your captivating and beautifully written review of this exceptional sci-fi mystery story. Your words brought the story to life on the page. Great job!!
I look forward to reading it later on because of your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”