Review of Gesus, Marry & Joh

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Gesus, Marry & Joh

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gesus, Marry & Joh" by Michael John Cruit.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Gesus Avalon Stellar and Marry Glaxis Firestar are extraterrestrial beings sent to Earth from a planet named "Home." They had the singular aim of observing Earth and sending feedback to the "Star Association." Marry, after having unsuspectingly imbibed the Earth's culture, was trailed, caught, detained, and tortured by Sanders and his team. Do you think there will be an alien invasion for Marry's rescue? Michael John Cruit has beautifully woven an interesting intergalactic piece for you in his novel, Gesus, Marry & Joh: A NOVEL.

For decades, there has been a controversial discourse about whether or not aliens exist. Movie producers love to use this storyline a lot. But come to think of it, what if it is true that there are beings on other planets, perhaps our intergalactic brothers and sisters? Would you be elated, scared, or terrified? Finding these alien beings of different makeup, physique, adaptability, character, and mindset is amazing. I believe they might or might not be superior to humans in any way. Michael tells a beautiful story and brings our attention to the possibility many individuals and nations have refused to consider.

One striking message in the novel is that violence is not the best approach to issues. Peace, though underrated, will always be the greatest gift any man can have, seeing that a peace pact is better than the most sophisticated violent moves. This cannot be over-emphasized, as violence is a plague only peace can cure. Many nations know this but have refused to give peace a chance, as did President Burns in the story. The solution to many warring factions in the human race is not far-fetched.

I admire the powerful suspense the plot has. It will help to keep the reader glued to the pages of this book. Nonetheless, I marveled at the character of Robert Maxwell Karmak as I watched him move from a flat to a round character. This was interesting, but I would love to give him a dangerous punch for his atrocities. You may wish to find out why I said that.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The tone was superb and conversational. There were no traces of ambiguity in the language used. Although there were a few mistakes, the book still seems to be well-edited, regardless. This book deserves a 5 out of 5 stars.

I hope to read more of Michael John Cruit's action stories, and I would love to recommend this book to lovers of intergalactic action stories. This great piece will wow you.

Gesus, Marry & Joh
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

I find the book title interesting. The names in the title rhyme with Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I do not really like science fiction so I won't be reading this. However, it seems the author did a good job in telling this story and also infusing lessons like being anti-violence.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

The book's title made me think of Jesus, Mary, and John the beloved or Joseph. I think the author got inspiration from them for the book’s title. I do hope that Marry is found alive.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I was drawn to this book by the title. It seems inspired by Biblical characters. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a curious novel that uses science fiction elements to send an anti-violence message. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”