Review of Glory and Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Review of Glory and Redemption

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Glory and Redemption" by Isaac J Fisher and Joshua Fisher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what it was like in heaven before sin ingloriously crept in? Have you ever pondered how the creation story ties in with what we've learned about evolution? Maybe you've always questioned why God permits wicked people to survive. Glory and Redemption is a comprehensive fictional memoir that does its best to answer all of these topics.

Glory and Redemption, written by Isaac J. Fisher and Joshua Fisher, is a thorough and realistic story of the Bible's first known murderer, Cain. Cain desired redemption in order to be free of the curse of immortality, so an old friend and angel, Gabriel, attempted to help him by delivering him a book containing the personal account of the archangel Michael. The archangel's book told the story of a fallen celestial being commonly known as Lucifer, who had a chance at redemption, just like Cain wanted. From the origin of the universe to the silver city and the celestial host of angels, this book delves into topics you never thought you'd learn about.

Except for being inspired by biblical events, the rest of this book is plainly a work of fiction. It was written in a highly intriguing style. The primary story being told in flashback was a good touch because it maintained everything well-articulated while focusing on the crucial details. I liked how the angels frequently made fun of each other, with little quips thrown in here and there. That had the effect of both lightening the mood and giving the characters the impression that they were not robotic. The authors' inventiveness was second to none. There were no discrepancies in the groundwork or construction. The writers included limitations on the angels' abilities and were successful in maintaining them that way throughout the story. I liked how there was no sudden flash of power to fit any aspect of the plot. The description of the state of the universe prior to creation was so detailed that you'd think it was being told by someone who was there.

This book's writing was cohesive in the sense that everything was well described and given enough depth. Even though God was depicted as all-powerful, there were instances when he did not interfere with what was going on around him, which was explained as a result of the power of free will he has given to his beings. It was a fantastic answer because once God intervenes, the entire vibe changes. The God persona was like a hack in a game that, if used too often, would dull the overall experience, so they had to figure out a means to keep him in the back seat.

If you were to ask me what I loved best about this novel, I would say the dialogue. I enjoyed reading the characters' dialogues because they felt so real. Every character had a distinct personality, some witty, some serious. I could tell which character was speaking by the tone of voice even before I read who was speaking. That helped to keep the novel fun for me, as I occasionally guessed incorrectly.

I disliked very little about this book, and the majority of it was due to my personal preferences. To begin, the story claimed that angels had perfect memories, and everything, even the speech in the flashbacks, was detailed—perhaps overly so. This is both impressive and tedious in that the trend is maintained throughout the book, and I'll have to read mundane discussions on a frequent basis. Without some of the small talk, I believe the first half of the book would have flown just as smoothly and the main story would have come up sooner. This was lessened, although not fully removed, in the latter section of the novel. Finally, it is said that God does not interfere with free will, yet there are exceptions to this norm. This became a very convenient loophole since they could insert and remove God at any time, which seemed a little ludicrous to me. Thankfully, this didn't happen very often.

To be honest, I really enjoyed this book. Even the aforementioned faults, of which I had a few, did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the book. I also thought it was exceptionally well edited, as I discovered no faults while reading it. Because of these reasons, I rate this book a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. This book employs the power of the imagination to provide a logical explanation for some of the things that those who believe in God as the creator would find puzzling. I believe that such people, who are likewise eager to learn from a fresh perspective, would benefit from reading this book. The book, on the other hand, contains graphic violence, so readers should be cautious.

Glory and Redemption
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

Though I find this plot fascinating, I wouldn't read it. Thanks for an honest review.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

It seems like a quite interesting plot. This is a well written review and I will consider getting the book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”